Round with HTL

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Just got back from a game at Royal Ascot with HTL (Hywel to his friends). We were very lucky with the weather as it stayed dry throughout although the wind was strong and gusty.

Course was in good knick and we played off the whites so he could "enjoy" the full Ascot experience. After a nervous start he settled in very well and I have to say he has a very compact and powerful swing. He also has a godd short game as proved at the second where his chip from the back of the green lipped for birdie but stopped several incehs away for a great par.

Hywel is great company and easy conversationalist. It was fascinating to hear about his pro rugby career and his new work within sport science, particularly the work he does with QPR academy players and also to hear his goals and aspirations for his golf game.

He played very steadiliy for most of the front nine, making no worse than bogey on most holes. I got 19 points going out but wasn't hitting it great. I made par at 10 and sadly Hywel hit a poor drive that was never seen again. After that though the wheels fell off my wagon big time as I lost my swing and timing. 19 points out and 13 back. Hywel seemed to run out of a little steam coming back in but play well in bursts.

I think he is looking to get a lesson for his bad shot which is coming over the top particularly off the tee which results in a slice (he doesn't have the problem off the fariway though) and one for his putting which is a bit sporadic. Once he has those and has the next 7 weeks to practice he is going to be a handful or anyone playing him.

It was a great day and I can't wait to play him at his new club soon.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Cheers Homer, just got back. You write up is very kind, I played like a spanner in my eyes.

I really enjoyed my time today and looking forward to entertaining you at my club. Hopefully I will be able to drive the ball by then and put.

Anyone got any vids or tips to sort out my "coming over the top" I am booking myself in for a video lesson next week.

Homer was great to play with and had patience of a saint with my game.

Hope the other GM meet went as well. Looking forward to the next.

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Nice write up.

Great to see GM members enjoying a round together. The sign of a successful forum. It seems HTL is more than happy to return the favour by offering Homer a game on his manor.

Nice one guys!