Rose splits from Honma..?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Been with them a year....and it's not been a sparkling year for him.
Not bad by any means but 1 win and 7 top 10s doesn't keep you in the top 10.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
But to go back to TM seems strange, as all the reasons he left are still there.

I am also surprised Honma can't or haven't built him a set he can play with.

D

Deleted member 1418

Whatever he's playing at the moment he's dicking around at the API!!! ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Seems like he’s gone downhill since signing signing for honma
Year after year players swap from their long term club sponsor and each time people say it won't matter, they will just give them the same spec of club etc. Somehow the evidence doesn't seem to back this up. I think Rose did well, may even have won, in his first tournament with these but he didn't have consistency during a lot of last year. No doubt he trousered millions still but in comparison to how well he had been playing last year was a dip still.

There may have been other factors in play but the club change can't be ignored.

Dogma

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Rose won't sign a club deal after this. He doesn't need one.

And those shirts he's been wearing from Bonobos are bloody lovely :love:

Hoganman1

Visit site
I too noticed Rosie was playing what looked like a SIM driver. I've never understood why players change equipment just for money. I remember when GMac left Callaway right after winning the US Open .He seemed to disappear right after that happened (I'm glad he's back btw). I know these companies will build sets to each players specs, but with today's purses most don't need the contracts. Also, I'm not sure the public buys clubs based on who is playing them as much as they did in the past. It seems like Taylormade and Callaway dominate on the tours today. I feel sure it helps their sales. Ping, Titleist, Cobra and Cleveland/Srixon have their players, but not as many. Another factor is that Homna and PXG are pretty pricey. Maybe their players are helping them sell their clubs. However, I don't see many if any sets at our club.

Last edited: