Rory reaches out of court settlement with Horizon

D

Deleted member 15344

Think it was always going to end that way

Thankfully it hasn't ever effected his golf

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The lawyers will be gutted but I suspect the bill for the prep work will still fund a few Aston's. Sensible all round, no winners would have come out of a court case.

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
I am surprised, it seemed as though Rory did not have a leg to stand on. That said we would have only had a fraction of the information.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Horizon will be paying McIlroy

I'll be completely honest and say that I know only about 1% of the factual information, but I would have suspected the other way around... Did I not see a court snippet that suggested that Rory had offered $10 Million dollars to settle a few days ago?

Happy to be proven wrong...

EDIT - Just checked, and the thoughts are that Rory will be paying Horizon £20 million to settle...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

I'll be completely honest and say that I know only about 1% of the factual information, but I would have suspected the other way around... Did I not see a court snippet that suggested that Rory had offered $10 Million dollars to settle a few days ago?

Happy to be proven wrong...

I thought McIlroy was the one suing ? Or have Horizon counter sued ?

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
They've settled for £15m+ plus legal costs. So I doubt it, and it's Horizon paying Rory.

Rory McIlroy has settled a dispute with his former agent for what is understood to be well over $20m (£15m) plus costs.The world's number one golfer had been suing Horizon Sports Management in a multi-million pound wrangle.

D

Deleted member 15344

Horizon countered sued for 2.6 mil Euros so settling with McIlroy paying £15mil doesn't seem right

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just reading, and McIlroy is paying £15-20m+ to release himself from his contract with Horizon. He sued Horizon initially, but was counter-sued for breach of contract, and refusal to pay the agreed fees.

Rory McIlroy’s bitter multi-million pound contract fight with a former management company, was finally settled here on Wedneday morning sparing the world No 1 the ordeal of having to take the stand in court.A joint statement read: “The legal dispute between Rory McIlroy and Horizon Sports Management has been settled to the satisfaction of both parties who wish each other well for the future. The parties will be making no further comment.”

The settlement figure was not revealed and neither will it be through official channels. But it is believed that the golfer will pay Conor Ridge’s agency nearly £20m to release him from his contract.

While the costs will leave a dent in the Northern Irishman’s finances he will simply be relieved that the affair is now in the past and he concentrate on maintaining his stunning form as he heads to back to his Florida home and prepare his bid to become just the sixth player in history to win the career grand slam at April’s Masters

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Horizon did negotiate some huge deals and so they were owed something. Whatever the dispute they did carry out their role and were owed a decent sum. The question to be decided was how much. I read it Rory paying an agreed amount to Horizon, from his point of view hopefully less than the contract figure from theirs the contract figure. Logic says somewhere inbetween.

No doubt who paid who and who came out of it better will seep out over the next day or two. Both will look to claim victory.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Just had a look on twitter for the first time in a while and had to smile at this......

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just had a look on twitter for the first time in a while and had to smile at this......

:eek: :whoo::rofl: