Rory - hmmmmmmm!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The AT&T is a pro-am, just like the Dunhill, so isn't set up as hard as for the majors it holds, but the event at Torrey Pines 2 weeks before sure was deep, Jack's place is always incredibly lush, same for Arnie's, etc etc etc

But bar the handful of events, usually preceding majors and so deliberately set up tough to mimic the major venue as you say smack and gouge is the order of the day. I just feel most (not all) ET courses seems to be less about that and more about all round games. All about opinions of course

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
I guess I don’t get it because I think the the European Tour offers more variety of courses and shot making opportunities than the PGA Tour that I now occasionally tune into. And why is it occasional ? Because I am sick of watching drive and wedge week after week on what appear to be immaculate, pristine surfaces. Didn’t Dustin Johnson say something along the lines of never hitting more than a 7 iron for his second shot this year? For a professional golfer that doesn’t sound too challenging.
And as for Rory turning down millions by not appearing in a couple of European Tour Middle East events....big deal, I’m sure his bank balance is suffering.
I am getting less and less enamoured with professional golfers whinging, (Michelson says courses are to hard when a bit of rough appears and is now choosing to play only where he can get a shot on his errant drive), I can’t feel sorry for any of them, they seem to have forgotten where they have come from and in many peoples eyes they really are living a charmed life, I.e the ‘dream’.

D

Deleted member 18588

Neither Tour can be particularly proud of the courses they sele t, both relying too heavily upon resort type courses that favour the bomb and gouge men on either side of the Atlantic.

The PGA Tour can perhaps lay claim to greater consistency in course condition but far too many events both there and on the European Tour present insufficient challenge to the players.

D

Deleted member 18588

Apparently the scoring average is lower on the PGA tour than it is on the EuropeanTour.

But, in truth, so is the standard of the players, certainly I would say with regard to the depth of the fields.

D

Deleted member 15344

Adds another win this season winning another WGC with a classy win , bogey free over the weekend to win on the playoff hole with a stunning drive then superb iron in - lucky enough to be up early with the little one over the weekend to watch some great golf

Also don’t think it will be long until Schuaffle wins a major