rolling the left foot

TobyRich1928

Head Pro
Visit site
hi guys, i have a problem that wit at the end of my swing, i tend to roll onto my left foot and the sole lifts off the floor, this is causing me to lose balance and is annoying me :p is there anyway to stop this, like diferent weight transfer in the swing
thansk guys :)

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
It sounds as if you may be getting a reverse C.

If you have a garden chair, position it so the back of the chair is almost touching your front leg (with the chair facing the way you swing)
Then have a few swings without your hip pushing the chair away, so you are in affect turning inside the back of the chair.
That should keep your turn tighter
HTH

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Ok, have u heard of the drill with the ball under the left heel, would u recommend it!?

I have heard of it but I wouldn't use it.
It tends to encourage a reverse weight shift so it stays on the back foot

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
So would u just recommend the pushing into the chair drill!? Concentrating on shifting forward and turning!?

You don't push into the chair, you turn inside it without touching it so less slide and more of a turn

surefire

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
If it's just a technical issue, go with Bobs advice.

However, it may be a physical issue. Ignoring the golf swing, with your feet how they would be in a golf stance, can you rotate your hips so that they would face your target without this happening, or your front foot rotating outwards?

If not, its likely limited hip internal rotation. Plenty of exercises you can do to improve this.