Roll ups....they're back!!

D

Deleted member 15344

First roll up at the new club in the morning. Another on Sunday morning. Life is good.

what do you mean by roll up ?

Just all turn up without booking a tee ?
is it not still within EG guidelines for tee bookings to be in place

Mandofred

Visit site
what do you mean by roll up ?

Just all turn up without booking a tee ?
is it not still within EG guidelines for tee bookings to be in place
In the morning, a bunch of us will show up, draw at 8:45 and then the groups go out. A roll up. A proper roll up. Times booked ahead of time to block out that time section

D

Deleted member 15344

In the morning, a bunch of us will show up, draw at 8:45 and then the groups go out. A roll up. A proper roll up. Times booked ahead of time to block out that time section

? - hence why I asked if tee times are still booked - your club are doing one of the options that was highlighted when you were going on about roll ups last time by block booking the tee times for a group.

Im guessing that the numbers need to be known before hand and any unused tee times are released as well as the roll up is open to any who wants to play in that time ?

Mandofred

Visit site
? - hence why I asked if tee times are still booked - your club are doing one of the options that was highlighted when you were going on about roll ups last time by block booking the tee times for a group.

Im guessing that the numbers need to be known before hand and any unused tee times are released as well as the roll up is open to any who wants to play in that time ?
Nope. I'm going for the first time in the morning. I'm expecting a group of people (less than 30)....a drawing of some nature....and then the groups going out to golf. From what I understand, if it's less than 30 it fits in the rules....yes? Or do I have it wrong?

D

Deleted member 15344

Nope. I'm going for the first time in the morning. I'm expecting a group of people (less than 30)....a drawing of some nature....and then the groups going out to golf. From what I understand, if it's less than 30 it fits in the rules....yes? Or do I have it wrong?

https://www.englandgolf.org/wp-cont...Framework-for-Playing-Golf-17-May-2021-V4.pdf

That’s the Framework - up to your club to decide if allowing you to congregate around the tee is within the Framework

My question was more in regards if the group have reserved you a set amount of fees - can anyone join your roll up if they want to play within those tee times , and if your numbers don’t use up all the tee times are the spare ones released to the rest of the club ?

Mandofred

Visit site
https://www.englandgolf.org/wp-cont...Framework-for-Playing-Golf-17-May-2021-V4.pdf

That’s the Framework - up to your club to decide if allowing you to congregate around the tee is within the Framework

My question was more in regards if the group have reserved you a set amount of fees - can anyone join your roll up if they want to play within those tee times , and if your numbers don’t use up all the tee times are the spare ones released to the rest of the club ?
I guess I'm confused on your comments.....I thought roll-ups meant that anybody in the club can show up to play. That's as it's always been that I know of. The times have been blocked out for 9 until 10am. This is what the club has decided. The issue from you is....?

D

Deleted member 15344

I guess I'm confused on your comments.....I thought roll-ups meant that anybody in the club can show up to play. That's as it's always been that I know of. The times have been blocked out for 9 until 10am. This is what the club has decided. The issue from you is....?

? There is no issues , was questions on how the club are doing it within the framework set out by England Golf.

Some club have roll ups that are closed off to members

All clubs still using tee bookings and members book their tee time before hand for track and trace along with the framework - so if someone “just turns up” how are they working it

Mandofred

Visit site
? There is no issues , was questions on how the club are doing it within the framework set out by England Golf.

Some club have roll ups that are closed off to members

All clubs still using tee bookings and members book their tee time before hand for track and trace along with the framework - so if someone “just turns up” how are they working it
By my definition.....a roll up can not be closed off to members. That's kind of the point of the thing. If you show up.....you play. I constantly wonder what people in their own heads consider "roll ups". At least in my old (still a member) club/roll up....we put in laminated cards to be shuffled to determine groups.....the leaders kept track of who played/scores/winners etc etc.

D

Deleted member 15344

By my definition.....a roll up can not be closed off to members. That's kind of the point of the thing. If you show up.....you play. I constantly wonder what people in their own heads consider "roll ups". At least in my old (still a member) club/roll up....we put in laminated cards to be shuffled to determine groups.....the leaders kept track of who played/scores/winners etc etc.

Hence why I asked how your club are allowing people to just turn up and play without a pre booked tee time - an hour has been set aside so in that hour is it 6 * 4 ball spots at 10 min gaps and or 8 at 8 min gaps etc - and when people just turn up do they get added into the tee sheet.

How are the club working it out within the Framework as it’s prob something other clubs may well look to do

Mandofred

Visit site
Hence why I asked how your club are allowing people to just turn up and play without a pre booked tee time - an hour has been set aside so in that hour is it 6 * 4 ball spots at 10 min gaps and or 8 at 8 min gaps etc - and when people just turn up do they get added into the tee sheet.

How are the club working it out within the Framework as it’s prob something other clubs may well look to do
I've no idea.....and pretty well don't care. I'm showing up in the morning hoping things will work like magic...... I haven't read the latest regs from England golf, and I'm not likely to....If I get online to check info, I'll check on buying a new guitar/mando/banjo....

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site

My club have blocked out tees from 7.30am-9am for the sunday roll up. Players book via a call into the pro shop, then turn up on the day to find out groups. Outdoor gatherings of 30 are allowed so the first tee will get busy but they have every players details whos participated. We have a bigger demand for spots than we block out but the course owners need to make their money too, so the cap will always remain. Saturday comp blocks out 3/4 hours of tees so its a bit of give and take.

Mandofred

Visit site
Back from the roll up. Wouldn't you know my group won with my first time there (bandit!), I came out £4 richer!! 20 showed up. At this club there is a person signing you in on a notebook as you arrive and giving you a number. Somebody else then draws poker chip things with numbers on them out of a bag to determine groups. First tee booked from 9-10. All seemed fine..... They are not holding the regular senior roll up tomorrow because of a comp. Next roll up is Sunday morning and then next Wed+Thurs. Good times are back.