Robert Allenby

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Do players not possess a knowledge of their own game so that they can decide for themselves if they've got the right club? Or are they so reliant on the caddie to do everything for them?

Smacks of pretty poor form to me. Whatever the truth, the decision on what club to take is just as much Allenby's as the caddie.

D

Deleted Member 1156

You know what they say.............

If the ball goes long or short, it's the caddie's fault. If it goes left or right, it's the coach's fault.

:D

Paul77

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Sometimes an onscreen relationship between caddie and player is a joy to watch like Speith and his caddy who both look just as eager to win as anyone. Tiger and his back in the day. Always felt uneasy with some things you see on the tele. Sometimes you wonder what goes on in the background. It needs to be a tight ship I think. I have to wonder though at what point does a player sto pthinking about yardage, the club to use and when to use it.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sometimes an onscreen relationship between caddie and player is a joy to watch like Speith and his caddy who both look just as eager to win as anyone. Tiger and his back in the day. Always felt uneasy with some things you see on the tele. Sometimes you wonder what goes on in the background. It needs to be a tight ship I think. I have to wonder though at what point does a player sto pthinking about yardage, the club to use and when to use it.

Mickelson and Bones as well. If Bones ever writes a book about his time on Lefty's bag it'll be an interesting read. Just to read how they kept that working relationship going for so long.

D

Deleted member 15344

Did Allenby finish with just a 7 iron as well ?

shewy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Doesn't strike me as a nice guy, if you read Allenby's side of the story he did nothing, if you read the Caddies then he was being an arse, for it to happen for a third time I think I'll believe the caddy.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Did it ever come out what really happened when he got a pasting?
I'm going to stick my neck out here & say he probably deserved it.

paddyc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Did it ever come out what really happened when he got a pasting?
I'm going to stick my neck out here & say he probably deserved it.

Probably. Never rated him as player or person. Don't think he's particularly liked by his fellow pros.Did he not have a bust up with Geoff Ogilvy.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I'm sure I read somewhere he smashed a wine glass and threatened Geoff Ogilvy with it!

Sounds like a right barrel of laughs!