Right of target

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Just after some advice, while playing I always seem to hit right of target to me I'm aiming at the pin but I'm obviously not as the ball goes right but straight, a couple of people have said I'm aiming right but to me I'm dead on I'm going to order some alignment sticks to see if it helps, anyone else do that

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Didnt know that I do that when I'm chipping, but I'm more the outside of left foot is in line with the pin aswel as the club face and the ball will be wide of target by a fair bit

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Didnt know that I do that when I'm chipping, but I'm more the outside of left foot is in line with the pin aswel as the club face and the ball will be wide of target by a fair bit

Place a club on the ground with the shaft lying from the ball to the flag.
Take your normal set up and place another club shaft on your toe line.
When you are aiming straight, the two shafts should be parallel.

rory-addresst78o.jpg

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have had this problem for years.
sticks do help when on practice range, I also have one in my bag and use it on every shot , but not in comps.
It gets you used to the set up over the ball.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
I had a similar problem, hitting left all the time. The pro has got me to pick a spot a few inches ahead of the ball in line with the flag, a daisy, divot, anything & line the club up with that, then set the feet accordingly. Whenever I do it & get over the ball it always appears that I'm aiming right. However, I know I'm not & I've been a lot straighter since.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Cheers Bob I'll be trying that tomorrow, its been really annoying me,

The aim is a good place to start, but there are other possible causes for the ball to start right ie ball position, grip, shoulder alignment, swing path etc.

Try the easy ones first (aim) and if that's ok, give me a shout

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks guys I keep thinking these are stupid questions I'm asking 🤔
I put a spare driver shaft in my bag, I'll try what maninblack advised too and I'll work in that tomorrow, I'm going to get a lesson with a good pro if anyone can recommend one in Glasgow in the mean time I'll check in with the guy who iv been doing the lessons with so far

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
Remember to check your shoulder alignment too. That determines club path more than feet. My pro has worked on this with me - feels weird at first as I felt like my shoulders were very closed and as mentioned above, feet should be parallel to, rather than pointing at, target.

Apparently a common flaw is that feet are open and shoulders closed or vice versa.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Remember also to check for rip-offs:

Golfers alignment sticks £10 the pair
Plastic garden stakes £4 the pair
Bamboo canes 50p the pair
String held in with tees, not even worth working out how cheap it is

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Remember also to check for rip-offs:

Golfers alignment sticks £10 the pair
Plastic garden stakes £4 the pair
Bamboo canes 50p the pair
String held in with tees, not even worth working out how cheap it is

and two of you existing clubs -free

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
I have bamboo canes too I'm sorted 😁
I'll have to wait a couple of days to put the advice into practice iv got an extremely painfill blister

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Played today I didn't use the equivalent alignment sticks, I just took my time and thought more about my shots I still hit a couple the same as usual but I was a lot better I did seem to pull a few drives left, i hit 42% fw (a lot rolled off) and 28% gir, putting was a lot better too, had I nice relaxed round didn't rush and I also didn't top any shots