Right heel question

seasidehacker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Last night I was experimenting a bit with my swing when I realized if I raise my right heel slightly, and keep it raised my ball striking becomes a lot more solid. It also adds about 10 yards on to every iron. So the question is what is this helping in my swing? I don't really want to be raising my right heel all the time but if it produces results like that I might have too

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
At a guess I'd say it's making sure you have your weight more on your left side at impact. Were you hitting the ball lower as well?

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If your weight was more over your front foot then the bottom of the swing is also moved forward meaning you're more likely to hit the ball whilst the club is on an in-out path, which could cause a hook if you get it wrong.

As I said, I'm just guessing though. Best to wait for someone who knows what they're talking about. :)

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Last night I was experimenting a bit with my swing when I realized if I raise my right heel slightly, and keep it raised my ball striking becomes a lot more solid. It also adds about 10 yards on to every iron. So the question is what is this helping in my swing? I don't really want to be raising my right heel all the time but if it produces results like that I might have too

Like most things, if it works do it!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

If it works then fine but it's not something I'd be consciously trying to do

Skypilot

Assistant Pro
Visit site