Ridiculous golf shots

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
10th Tee on Saturday, green = where I aimed. White line, where my ball went... The group on 9th were not kind to me šŸ˜³

1711369127959.png

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Had two daft ones towards the end of today's round. With 7 wood and then hybrid - they were like slices but off the toe of the club as well, so they just went so far right they weren't even the same planet as where I was aiming. Just baffling.
I've had something similar. Short par 4 on the now closed Farthingstone GC, 5 wood in hand I proceeded to miss the entire face and hit the outside of the club sending the ball at a complete 90 degree angle right. Truly awful!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Had a ridiculous one today
185 yards out, into a 2-3 club wind, slightly downhill....
Figured the 4 wood might get there but would be close if it didn't..
Skilled the living bejeezus out of it....didnt get more than a yard off the ground......finished 10 feet left, pin high....
Stupid...... :ROFLMAO:

Visit site
Playing a Roseberry Grange a couple of years ago, I managed to move my ball a couple of feet backwards when topping a 5-iron, much to the mirth of my playing partners. Weeks later I conjured up an air shot, aiming to pop a 4-iron on the 18th green at Sharpley. Things have improved a lot since!

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
My first ever shot on a full course was a shocker.

As a 12/13 year old I visited a local muni with a mate one Saturday morning. He was a very handy single figure golfer already, where as muggins here hadnā€™t got a clue.

We went early, got there for opening and joined what was already a long queue. When our turn arrived I thought Iā€™d take the safe option and use a mid iron for safety. There was a wide fairway which was impossible to miss, but a lengthy queue behind us, and the last thing I wanted to do was embarrass myself.

Embarrass myself is exactly what I did, with one straight off the hosel of my 7-iron onto the heavily populated practice green to the right of the tee and in front of the clubhouse.

Not a great start to my golfing life.
My first shot was the opposite. I flushed a Callaway Heaven wood high and straight, declaring golf ā€œeasyā€. I learned very quickly that it in fact, wasnā€™t easy.

But you did remind me of a similar experience just after I started playing.

Old Jack from the place I did my apprenticeship took me to play at Queensbury his home course.

The first tee is elevated with the clubhouse and its patio below you and to the left. I skied my tee shot with a pull. And you can guess the rest.

My ball landed in the middle of a table, which was the cheap white PVC type, smashing it and scattering the drinks all over the poor chaps sat there.

It cost me a fair chunk of my weeks wage to replace them.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I had one at a forum meet.
We had a bit of a walk back to a par 3 tee so I checked the yardage and took one club back.
When I got there, I felt the wind straight against us and knew I didn't have enough club.
So rather than run back to the bag, I teed it up, back in my stance, hands forward to deloft it and proceeded to shank it straight into the rubbish.
What made it worse was there was a tee very close by with at least 2 groups on it all watching.
Not my finest moment.
I remember you 4 putting from 6ft at Blackmoor HFH šŸ˜€

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I managed a 4 putt on Sunday. First putt was about 25 feet away and I was happy with the slope and break to get it to 4 foot. Missed that and went to tap in and missed that. Cost me the Sunday pot!!!!

TigerTime

Visit site
I've had quite a few but one recent one that sticks in mind.

Recent game on a top 30 links course. On a par 5, I hit the two most perfect golf shots. Drive 250 on a rope down them middle, 220 left into the green, thought I'd pull a 3 wood out and just get it up there trusting my short game. Only thought I had was get it up there and have a putt for a birdie. Flushed the 3 wood, went dead straight onto the green and left myself about 20 foot for eagle. Of course, I holed the putt. Great feeling. Step up to the next tee, absolutely buzzing. I pulled my drive about 10 yards off the fairway. The rough was relatively flat but it was one of those straw grass type lies where the abll was probably sitting a good pink tee off the ground. Found myself around 230 back so pulled out the 3 wood again. What came next was a stone cold whiff as I made a mess of it and the ball popped up head height infront of me and then proceeded to spin and somehow hit my shoulder and drop.

A real, true summarization of my golf game right there as I ended up with a triple. I had 3 birdies, 1 eagle, 5 pars, doubles and bogeys, but it's the triple that I remember the most.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Our 7th on Sunday. 540yd par 5, downhill for the first 370 yds, wind against and from the right. Hit a good drive then tugged my second left into trees...some 165 yds short of the green, in a clearing but blocked out. Think to myself....I'll try to draw it round the trees (I rarely hit a draw) and if I don't get enough on it the wind will do its best to push it closer to the hole, at worst i'll have a chip and a putt for my par.

Hit the thing perfectly.

Pink arrow is wind direction,Yellow dot is my ball, white dots are my ball path, red dot is flag, black dot is where my ball finished....8ft from the flag.

7th hole.jpg

Three putted.

dronfield

Visit site
A few years ago I played in a foursomes comp at Woodhall Spa and partnered someone I had never met before. On a par 3 it was our honour and I played first, did a fresh air shot and had to step down from the tee to allow my playing partner to now play the ball that was still teed up!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
A few years ago I played in a foursomes comp at Woodhall Spa and partnered someone I had never met before. On a par 3 it was our honour and I played first, did a fresh air shot and had to step down from the tee to allow my playing partner to now play the ball that was still teed up!
Not quite as bad as that but I had similar embarrassment in a foursomes match last year. I'm terrible at bunker shots basically, and that's never more embarrassing than when you've just had a swing and a duff and left one in there for your partner to come and take over. :cry:

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Years ago we were playing Galashiels (Laudrup Hill), the last hole out on the top of the hill. My mate hit a worldy tight as you can get along the drystone wall (O.B.) drawing it back to the fairway, he hit his second just right of the green which was quite small and plateaued. He shanked his third, and his fourth and some more (I didn't count, I was too busy laughing).

He went a full 360 around the green before chipping on...................or was it a full 180 ;)

He finished with an 11.

sunshine

Visit site
16th at North Berwick: caught my drive a little low, it clipped the top of the stone wall that crosses the fairway in front of the tee, and flew into orbit over our heads and back on to the previous hole. My second shot was 50 yards further back than my tee shot.

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
On his drive-in, a past captain, and a good friend of mine, tried to a hit a tee shot over water (and he was a very solid driver normally), but he topped it and it hit the very solid yellow tee marker in front of him and the ball went back maybe 150 yards and almost onto the previous green.

From there he then took several shots to get it back into play and over the pond.

When he told me about it, I don't think it helped his mood when I asked him why he didn't just hit 3 off the tee....

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
The 10th st Blackmoore, playing with other forum members. The hole is 438 per 4, and is (just read it on their web site) considered the hardest to get on in 2.. A great drive and a full out rescue club and I'm on for two, but hit the ground first on my first putt so it was miles short, pinged it way past on the second putt and only 3 more and I was down in 5 putts for a 7.

To be fair, and in hindsight, given the stick I've taken many times on here, the 7 less a shot, nett 6, would be a pretty fair score on that hole any time šŸ¤” I bet the hole has wrecked many a score card but not in the way I managed it !

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The 10th st Blackmoore, playing with other forum members. The hole is 438 per 4, and is (just read it on their web site) considered the hardest to get on in 2.. A great drive and a full out rescue club and I'm on for two, but hit the ground first on my first putt so it was miles short, pinged it way past on the second putt and only 3 more and I was down in 5 putts for a 7.

To be fair, and in hindsight, given the stick I've taken many times on here, the 7 less a shot, nett 6, would be a pretty fair score on that hole any time šŸ¤” I bet the hole has wrecked many a score card but not in the way I managed it !
Legend:love: