first round round up

Dannyj1984

Assistant Pro
Visit site
So as promised here is a quick overview of my first ever round around a proper course.

Went up to Disley today after booking direct with them, a little bit daunting as the first hole is a par 5 only 422 yards though! First drive...slightly pulled to the right but still visible so happy with that ended up with a 7 on the first which I don't think was too bad. Second hole was a par 3 188 yards so hit a 5i off the tee and landed in the bunker to the side of the green :( one fluffed shot kept me in the bunker which was annoying, but ended up with a 5. 3rd hole I got just a bogey then a triple bogey on the 4th after over thinking hitting my iron shot twice!! and topped it both times :( think I also sunk a 15ft putt on this hole too. After that it was a mixture of pars and bogeys to the end.

Ended up with 3 triple bogey, 3 doubles, 9 single bogeys and 3 pars overall +24 which I don't think was too shabby for my first attempt. (2 of the triple bogeys involved me trying to "welly" it off the tee early on and loosing all my form and slicing it into the trees) Only lost 2 balls and found 3 along the way.

Definitely looking forward to going out again even got my voucher via email from american golf for a free round. Think my brother enjoyed it but not sure he would go regular (gave up counting after the 12th) If anyone in the Manchester area is looking for a playing partner anytime let me know.

Danny

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Well done and I hope that you continue to enjoy the game. If I could play to +24 at the moment I would be very happy.

Foliage Finder

Head Pro
Visit site
Congrats Danny! I've been playing this infuriating/amazing game for almost two years now and I still haven't scored under 100 so you're off to a good start.

There's a lot of people on here around the Manchester area, I might be a bit far North for you to come and play regularly but if you ever fancy a knock around a windy hilly course then message me and you can come up and play Walmersley (just north of Bury). Grogger's a member there as well and at least one of us has a shocker ever time we play. You'd be welcome to come and join in.

Dannyj1984

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Congrats Danny! I've been playing this infuriating/amazing game for almost two years now and I still haven't scored under 100 so you're off to a good start.

There's a lot of people on here around the Manchester area, I might be a bit far North for you to come and play regularly but if you ever fancy a knock around a windy hilly course then message me and you can come up and play Walmersley (just north of Bury). Grogger's a member there as well and at least one of us has a shocker ever time we play. You'd be welcome to come and join in.

Sounds great, I have family over that way so not too far at all, 30 minutes round the m60 and m66 When do you normally play?

Danny

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
Wow, that's a great score first time out. I don't think Theres many that manage to break 100 first time on a course. Theres usually at least a couple of Air shots!

Well played.. :thup:

Foliage Finder

Head Pro
Visit site
Lucky for me I've just recently finished uni and I have my last ever long summer so I've been playing 3-4 rounds a week for the past fortnight. I still work weekends though so usually stick to weekdays. So I'm quite flexible with timings. I'll PM you and we can arrange something

Dannyj1984

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Wow, that's a great score first time out. I don't think Theres many that manage to break 100 first time on a course. Theres usually at least a couple of Air shots!

Well played.. :thup:

Starting to wonder if I miscounted now haha, I'm right aren't I that the two I sliced off the tee I re take from the tee and count as my 3rd? I think what helped a lot was lots of practice from 100 yards and less at pitch and putt and especially just off the green I am quite good at getting up and down in 2 shots.

Danny

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
If you can hit a five iron 180 yds, then you can hit it well. Time and practice will bring your scores down. As has been mentioned "course management" will bring down your hcap.
Congrats me man.

WillC

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Congratulations, that is impressive!

120 was my first proper round as a junior (off the reds so really not good!). Main thing is you can't wait to get out there again. Safe to say it is most likely now a lifetime hobby for you!:thup:

Dannyj1984

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I did notice that I didn't seem to hit the ball with my irons quite as sweetly as on the mats at the range, but probably to do with differently lies etc. Need to find a range that has grass as well as Mats.

Danny