RickG Memorial Trophy Day (Coventry Golf Club)

PCWOX

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Looking forward to playing in the group with richart, birchy and wrighty1874 at 1156AM. My first meet, and looks like it will be a great day. Is it bacon rolls and coffee first from 10am (sorry can't remember without looking back through the whole thread)?
My handicap by the way Fish is 16.8 (17). Cheers :thup:

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Looking forward to playing in the group with richart, birchy and wrighty1874 at 1156AM. My first meet, and looks like it will be a great day. Is it bacon rolls and coffee first from 10am (sorry can't remember without looking back through the whole thread)?
My handicap by the way Fish is 16.8 (17). Cheers :thup:

If Birchy's in a bunker, stand well outside club helicoptering distance. He's only small so 8-10ft should do it.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Haha - thanks for the warning guys

Good luck and enjoy your 1st meet. I have been to a couple and know a couple of the guys so I will offer these few tips

Fish and Blueinmunich like any team who wear red

Stu C and Liverbirdie have seen the light and are against alcohol so only buy them a squash and don't drink near them

Richart likes nothing better than compare new mobiles on the market

Imurg and Fragger are brothers in arms so don't invite both to your table

Other than that you should have a great day

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Good luck and enjoy your 1st meet. I have been to a couple and know a couple of the guys so I will offer these few tips

Stu C and Liverbirdie have seen the light and are against alcohol so only buy them a squash and don't drink near them

you forgot about no swearing in front of Fish as he doesn't like bad language

D

Deleted Member 1156

you forgot about no swearing in front of Fish as he doesn't like bad language

Stu is keen to try a bear hug competition but is apparently rubbish at it so is looking for volunteers.

There are a lot of us going to this meet so the changing rooms could be busy, feel free to change your shoes in the car park.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site

You are a bad man.

I assume you like a long walk when it is a shotgun start, at say a H4H day ?:whistle:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
11.00/ Fish/ Mike Harris GM/ Liam Robinson (Pro) / Bluewolf

11.08/ Bill Elliott GM/ Liverbirdie/ PhilTheFragger/ Captainron

11.16/ Rob Smith GM/ The Autumn Wind/ BlueInMunich/ Old Skier

11.24/ Michael Weston GM/ Liverpoolphil/ Rosecott/ Junior

11.32/ TXL/ Tim Barmby(CGC Capt)/ Upsidedown/NWJocko

11.40/ Imurg/GregBWFC/ GG26/ PNWokingham

11.48/ mikejohnchapman/ Midnight/ Drive4Show/ Radbourne2010

11.56/ Richart/ wrighty1874/ Birchy/ PCWOX*

12.04/ Pokerjoke/ adasko/ Crow/ CVG/

12.12/ Jobr1850/ Grumpyjock/ wookie/ PaperBoy

12.20/ Ping/ Franco/ Crazyface/ Mrs Crazyface

12.28/ James Mason GM/ full-throttle/ golfmad/ Stu c/

We should get ahead of those tee times, but 8 minute intervals is our normal medal gaping.

Registration is from 09.00hrs, earlier if you want as I'll be there. Please arrive in plenty of time, ideally well before the first tee time so I have nothing to worry about and can enjoy the day myself.

There is plenty to do before you go out, there will be a fun Putting Competition and an inflatable Golf Darts competition, so please bring plenty of change (£1 coins) for these challenges to win more prizes, there is a raffle and some 'on course' fines plus lots of practice area to warm up if you're feeling competitive.

So please arrive well before my tee time at 11am, I've put a lot into this, it's all I'm asking of you :thup:

Anything you want to bring along will be warmly appreciated, bottles of wine, beer, prizes you don't want that are naff etc, anything to help boost the raffle table :cool:

Thank you.

I'm in with a scout master and a swearer of epic proportions, surely Phils got to bring a swear box out with him, could double our takings.:thup:

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
I'm in with a scout master and a swearer of epic proportions, surely Phils got to bring a swear box out with him, could double our takings.:thup:

I’m sure I could create something, although the amount of cash The Captain will generate, We might need a Securicor van following us around 😂😎

D

Deleted Member 1156

Myself, Mike Chapman and possibly Rob Smith are going for a curry on Thursday night, please feel free to join us if you are in town :thup: