Rickard Strongert

golf_bug

Head Pro
Visit site
After having a woefully inconsistent round a few weeks ago, and not being able to book a lesson with the club pro, I sought guidance from the net. I stumbled across a site called 'Videojug' on which there is a really good series of golf instruction vids by a guy called Rickard Strongert. The vids cover everything from the basics to hitting some advanced shots. They won't be to everyone's taste, but I found them simple, concise and easy to relate to. Check them out!

golf_bug

Head Pro
Visit site
Ok
I am struggling with casting. Had video analysis from club pro the other day and he said I had got a lot better, but need to work on the 'late hit'. Got any drills to help?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I would check to make sure you are cocking your wrists fully at the top of the backswing.
How far do you hit a 7 iron with no wind and whats your h/cap?

golf_bug

Head Pro
Visit site
7 iron is 140yds, hcap is 17.
Like I said, our club pro reckons I am releasing the club too early, which is evident when watching myself on video. It means I am hitting the ball slightly early, causing it to drift left. I need to practise the late hit and retain the 'L' in my downswing.......any suggestions?

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Had the same problem, Just practice breaking the wrists as late as possible when your practice, thats what I did. Try to create as much lag as possible, what you wreckon Bob, am i right?

Onto the O.P Rickard is a legend, he taught me how to play golf! His video serious is just about the best set of instructional videos on the net!

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Tony, spot on mate.
If your hitting your 7 iron 140 off that handicap, I shouldn't worry about getting any more distance (unless your 14 and want to turn pro)
As Tony said, try and hold off the wrist cock position for a bit longer.
When you have reached the top of your backswing, imagine you are pulling the butt of the club straight down (like pulling a toilet chain), but beware..............if you go too far, you will start hitting blocks and snap hooks so keep chatting to your pro and he will keep an eye on you

golf_bug

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks for your help guys. I have just returned from the range (conveniently close to my office for a lunch time hit) and found that it I make half swings I can maintain the 'L' better and hit the ball just as far. I guess this means I am making a better contact with the ball? I'll keep this up and hopefully I can progress to a full swing again.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Keep at it, just like any change, the hardest part is getting started. It will come with practice!