Return to Golf in Scotland

NearHull

Visit site
I'm a member at Blairgowrie, but regularly play Dunbar and Gullane.
Played Blairgowrie seven or eight times in the Scottish Pairs comps, mainly Rosemount but have played the Lansdowne. Both very good courses and always in excellent condition. The time that we played Lansdowne , there was an elite amateur comp on the Rosemount, we watched them drive off on the first in absolute awe, recall a +5 handicapper taking on the dogleg first with a rescue, he must have had a chip to the green for his second. Us mere mortals struggling to get a driver to the dogleg to take a fairway wood to the green(and stretching it).

NearHull

Visit site
Watching the kids playing the Junior Ryder Cup made me feel inadequate.
I recall that we played it a week behind them. It demonstrates the quality of the Rosemount as one of the top courses as used for such a national comp.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Could you find that post for me please?

Sure May 2nd #1143.

I believe you were getting all giddy about May 11th. And i questioned the date saying I had not heard that date through two channels you replied you'd be very disappointed if your source had made it up.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Sure May 2nd #1143.

I believe you were getting all giddy about May 11th. And i questioned the date saying I had not heard that date through two channels you replied you'd be very disappointed if your source had made it up.

Thanks and apologies.

It was a pro at the club who said to my mate that "he had been told course was opening on 11th".

So yes, I am right annoyed about that and me now looking like an eejit. :eek::censored::ROFLMAO:

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
After the report in the Sunday Times saying golf could start as early as Tuesday I did feel for the first time dissapionted hearing the news today.

Another 2 weeks will be not much overall but it's frustrating.

Tommy10

Visit site
If she says this Thursday that restrictions will be lifted (1st phase) the following Thursday 28th, does that mean the courses can open that day? I hope so.