Repairing sky marks

Davey247

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Afternoon folks,

Earlier this week I got myself a nice little bargain on ebay in the shape of an R11 3wood for £30. This was largely due to do a couple of sky marks. Obviously it wont affect performance, but from a cosmetic point of view it looks pretty ghastly.

Has anyone has had any experience of touching these up??

I was thinking (and I could be wrong) about sanding it down and treating it like a paint chip on a car - bit of primer, mask up the face and hosel before spraying the crown..... any thoughts??

U

User62651

Hmmm, may not be much of a bargain if you go down that DIY repair route - chances are at the end of the repair process you wont want the club in your bag because it doesn't look 'right' in your head. Golfers as a species are very particular about golf clubs and their appearance, especially when you don't want any excuses for not scoring your best. Vanity will get the better of you and that club will be sold on or replaced or left to rot in a garage I suspect.:mad:

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Helpful reply:smirk:

Personally I would just use some T-Cut and try and ease some of the marks away. I don't think I would bother too much more than that, other than a black permanent marker into any scratches.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
How much does it bother you I guess is the bottom line. If you can stand over the ball and not worry then I wouldn't bother. If it's distracting you then have a look at Gareth's link or speak to a good pro somewhere