Removing a general play scorecard Help

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Was playing around with the IG golf app this morning as we getting general play scores ... Anyways I clicked it not realising that's it you can't go back after you start so just put down NR for the first hole and managed to exit

Now I have a score of 60 points on my app lol

Is it a handicap sec job to have removed or there another way?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Was playing around with the IG golf app this morning as we getting general play scores ... Anyways I clicked it not realising that's it you can't go back after you start so just put down NR for the first hole and managed to exit

Now I have a score of 60 points on my app lol

Is it a handicap sec job to have removed or there another way?

Very interesting in one way as a round where less than 9 hoes holes have been played is supposed to not be acceptable for handicap purposes.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Very interesting in one way as a round where less than 9 hoes holes have been played is supposed to not be acceptable for handicap purposes.

I did NR for hole one and then the rest it's done par for every hole lol so I look a fantastic golfer

I've emailed the handicap sec to hopefully remove

However considering I was at home. Without a second player and defo didn't play within the rules I'm sure he won't count it lol

How does general play work do you know? Does it go to the handicap committee to sign it off after completed? Or does it auto do

wjemather

Visit site
I did NR for hole one and then the rest it's done par for every hole lol so I look a fantastic golfer

I've emailed the handicap sec to hopefully remove

However considering I was at home. Without a second player and defo didn't play within the rules I'm sure he won't count it lol

How does general play work do you know? Does it go to the handicap committee to sign it off after completed? Or does it auto do
Firstly, yes, your handicap secretary will be able to delete it.

The system relies heavily on player integrity, adhering to the rules, etc., with scores being uploaded to the central database automatically on a daily basis without any additional signoff.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Firstly, yes, your handicap secretary will be able to delete it.

The system relies heavily on player integrity, adhering to the rules, etc., with scores being uploaded to the central database automatically on a daily basis without any additional signoff.

Excellent on both accounts

Does this mean if I played a general okay round with my mate (non member) I could submit a round? Tomorrow I'm playing with members so I could do a round tomorrow to test ofc but they are members (not that the system knows)

azazel

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I can only speak to the Scottish Golf app so it may be different in other places with other systems but when you submit a general play round it asks for the markers name and phone number, presumably so that checks can be made if it's felt necessary.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Excellent on both accounts

Does this mean if I played a general okay round with my mate (non member) I could submit a round? Tomorrow I'm playing with members so I could do a round tomorrow to test ofc but they are members (not that the system knows)
Did you pre-register your round before you started entering scores? Did you enter marker details? As I understand it a casual play score isn't released to the WHS system until your hcap sec releases it. Have you actually checked your playing record not your score record?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Did you pre-register your round before you started entering scores? Did you enter marker details? As I understand it a casual play score isn't released to the WHS system until your hcap sec releases it. Have you actually checked your playing record not your score record?

No, I was at home playing around as I wasnt actually playing I wanted to see what it looked like. Seems that once you press start you can't exit it so have to "hand it in" so to speak

No makers details entered (not asked on app)

Screenshot_20210329-140309_igMember.jpg

It then gave me the image above

Followed by this on my record

Screenshot_20210329-140318_igMember.jpg

From what I understand even if it auto tracked it wouldn't be until tomorrow

I emailed the handicap sec soon as I realised and have asked to be deleted

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The reason for the score being what it is may be found in the Handicap Rules 3.2 (but it is not correct looking at the actual numbers
The holes with nothing recorded will have been treated as not started

Where the minimum number of holes has been completed and the reason for a
player not playing a hole is valid, the player must use the following table to
produce an 18-hole score:

Number of holes played Scaling up
What score(s) to record for holes not played
At least 10 holes Scale up to 18-hole score
Add net par plus one additional
stroke for the first hole not
played (or equivalent Stableford
points).

At least 14 holes Scale up to 18-hole score
Add net par (or equivalent
Stableford points).

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The reason for the score being what it is may be found in the Handicap Rules 3.2 (but it is not correct looking at the actual numbers
The holes with nothing recorded will have been treated as not started

Where the minimum number of holes has been completed and the reason for a
player not playing a hole is valid, the player must use the following table to
produce an 18-hole score:

Number of holes played Scaling up
What score(s) to record for holes not played
At least 10 holes Scale up to 18-hole score
Add net par plus one additional
stroke for the first hole not
played (or equivalent Stableford
points).

At least 14 holes Scale up to 18-hole score
Add net par (or equivalent
Stableford points).

Yeah it's defo done it wrong because it's done a gross par lol

I wish .. maybe pared them all once ...but not all at once

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So it's after midnight

It's on my golf England account

Handicap been updAted

Cut to hell lol

Hopefully handicap sec sorts it out soon.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
No, I was at home playing around as I wasnt actually playing I wanted to see what it looked like. Seems that once you press start you can't exit it so have to "hand it in" so to speak

No makers details entered (not asked on app)

View attachment 35882

It then gave me the image above

Followed by this on my record

View attachment 35883

From what I understand even if it auto tracked it wouldn't be until tomorrow

I emailed the handicap sec soon as I realised and have asked to be deleted
Which app did you use? Which website dis you get this display from?

Swango1980

Visit site
I'm pretty sure we talked about this before. In Club V1. once a player puts in a score for General Play, it automatically goes onto their WHS Record for the next day. No checks at all. As I mentioned previously, I only noticed days later that a player had entered a very good score, and had only pre registered 1 minute before entering his score.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm pretty sure we talked about this before. In Club V1. once a player puts in a score for General Play, it automatically goes onto their WHS Record for the next day. No checks at all. As I mentioned previously, I only noticed days later that a player had entered a very good score, and had only pre registered 1 minute before entering his score.

Did today's score but started round before tee off

Then filled in properly

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Screenshot_20210331-132605_Outlook.jpg

Really not a fan of the way our handicap sec does things

Why would general play cards be not able to be processed I'd using an app and not cards .. thought cards werent Ness required

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So I'm beta testing the golf England app

So much better than the others .. can do scores but doesn't count ATM

Once goes live

It's geo locked so can't start far away

You enter your markers name

Sign the card at end

Very impressive compared