Relief from standing water in the rough

• Thread starter Deleted member 1740
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1740

If your ball is in standing/casual water in the rough, are you entitled to free relief?

I was under the impression that unless the course was on preferred lies then it must be played as it lies.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Can get relief from casual water anywhere on the course except from in hazards, so yes if you are in standing water in the rough you get a free drop, to the nearest point of full relief

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Can get relief from casual water anywhere on the course except from in hazards, so yes if you are in standing water in the rough you get a free drop, to the nearest point of full relief

Fundy

You might have confused him a bit by missing out the word "water". Relief from casual water is unavailable only in water hazards.

la_lucha

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Not sure if knowing this would have benefitted me or not on Saturday. On the par 5 18th I was lining up my 4th shot from 130 yards out. The ball was sitting up but was above half an inch of water. Playing with 3 guys I have never played before, I just played it instead of worrying about the technicalities. Luckily for me I hit a corker that allowed a 1 putt for par.