Release behind you- find the vid please

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
Trying to find a video of a pro who was teaching a guy to 'release the club behind' you i.e. throwing the clubhead behind on the downswing. Anyone know the one I'm referring to? Trying to find it on youtube but struggling.

Thanks.

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
not sure what exactly is being meant by 'throwing the clubhead behind', 'release behind'

the 'laying down' of the club head and shaft 'down' so flatter angle at transition in that instance the clubhead would be further 'behind' ?
but wouldn't necessarily want to be feeling 'release' 'behind' early ..... unless maybes the issue was constant blocks out rightfield ?

to certain extent would depend what shot traits, outcomes folks maybes looking to change the patterns of

any further explanation of where 'behind' is .... at the transition change ?

or behind the hands coming into the delivery area so around halfways down, or lower in the arc coming into impact ?

or someplace else

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
Take club up to the top, then throw the clubhead at 4 o'clock (if your toes are facing 12 o'clock). There's a video somewhere and it's driving me mad as I can't find it.

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
would the search be around that the swing has got a good ways too 'steep'

so there's kinda feeling of very little or no release happening at all through impact

so issues around not only contact quality but shot direction

also plus maybes a feelin of a general loss of ability to generate any real clubhead speed

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Crossfield has coach locky does this kind of thing with the driver. bet its this...

[video=youtube;JX5Z0_q-raA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX5Z0_q-raA[/video]