Recommend Me The Perfect Bag..

Jason.H

Visit site
Personally I have the Mizuno BR dri stand bag and a h2no sun mountain cart bag and I can’t fault them. Personally a stand bag has to be very light but with enough pocket space. I don’t think I’d be happy with a hybrid as I dont want to compromise either way.

Boomy

Visit site
Personally I have the Mizuno BR dri stand bag and a h2no sun mountain cart bag and I can’t fault them. Personally a stand bag has to be very light but with enough pocket space. I don’t think I’d be happy with a hybrid as I dont want to compromise either way.

Totally agree with this, I’m on the lookout for a light stand bag, ideally 14 way dividers. The Titleist carbon is super light with great storage but I can’t get away with the divider layout at all - it bunches all the clubs together. The Sun Mountain looks promising. Heading up to the range to look at some shortly.

Boomy

Visit site
Looked at a few bags at the range but none that ticked all the boxes, so I’ve taken the plunge and ordered the Sun Mountain 2022 Ecolite 14 way - 10% off direct from SM ? so £188.10

6B54BFF0-A4ED-404A-9F80-F3CD5FD53C23.jpeg

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Water resistant rather than waterproof and not sure how well it will sit on a trolley, but looks good for the price.

Boomy

Visit site
Water resistant rather than waterproof and not sure how well it will sit on a trolley, but looks good for the price.

Slightly different requirement criteria for me, I’ve got a Titleist StaDry I use on an electric trolley the majority of the time - I wanted something as lightweight as possible with 14 way full length dividers (the SM is only 1.8kg) If the forecast was rain/showers I’d use my stadry/trolley set up so I can stand my brolly up too ☔️? I’ll sit it on my trolley when it arrives and report back ??

Boomy

Visit site
That looks like a lot of money for a bag that isn’t waterproof. But then everything is expensive these days ?

It is indeed, all prices have gone up, and some ridiculously? Similar sort of price range to the other OEM bags, but this is super light (1.8kg) for a 14 way divider carry bag. It says water resistant but that can be hit & miss - however, I’ll only be using it on dry days as I have a Titleist StaDry I use on an electric trolley ?? The SM bags get great reviews.

Boomy

Visit site
Do SM bags still have the issue with straps breaking or have they updated the design?

I’ve not seen any commentary/reviews/feedback on strap issues, perhaps it was a while ago? It’s a new model for 2022 so hopefully all good ?

jmcp

Visit site
I have a Sun Mountain trolley bag, it has been bombproof, I also have a Sun Mountain pencil bag, it is pretty decent too but, I have a Sun Mountain 14 way carry bag that is great for waterproofness and storing your clubs but a pain in the butt when carrying whenever it is damp/wet as it squeaks terribly, I really couldn’t recommend it due to this.

Cheers, John

sunshine

Visit site
I have a Sun Mountain trolley bag, it has been bombproof,

SM have a good rep, but I've heard mised views on this forum. Typically, a stand bag gets much more wear and tear. Constantly picking it up and slinging it over your shoulders, activating the stand mechanism every couple of minutes, it bounces around as you walk. Trolley bags just sit there. There's probably a good argument for spending more on a quality stand bag and then going for a budget trolley bag (depending on use).

Boomy

Visit site
SM have a good rep, but I've heard mised views on this forum. Typically, a stand bag gets much more wear and tear. Constantly picking it up and slinging it over your shoulders, activating the stand mechanism every couple of minutes, it bounces around as you walk. Trolley bags just sit there. There's probably a good argument for spending more on a quality stand bag and then going for a budget trolley bag (depending on use).

That is what I was thinking and why I spent a bit more than planned for the Sun Mountain bag above :) There were quite a few alternatives a lot cheaper (but heavier, and quite a bit in some cases) The majority of comments/reviews I've seen on SM are good so fingers crossed I've made the right choice. Titleist StaDry 2021 Players 4 bag for sale if anyone is after one :p

Mike79

Visit site
Was in the process of hunting down a Titleist Players 4 Plus StaDry - I carry all year. I just sold my cart bag as was fed up swapping back and forth and I get more enjoyment from the game when carrying as can just wander into the trees when I hit my frequent slice :oops: ). I kept my trolley in case I end up with 36 holes in a day and I can put my bag onto the trolley if needed.

My Players 4 is great for carrying, but after a recent (very) wet round everything was soaked in every pocket, and while I am buying again I am going to look for something a bit bigger - for ease of getting the clubs in rather than more storage space (I found my waterproofs rolled up etc fit into the Players 4 no problem).

The 14-way Titleist Hybrid StaDry caught my eye when in a few shops at the weekend. On paper, it is 0.5kg more than the Players 4 Plus StaDry, but when picking them up in the store it is not a noticeable weight difference, and I imagine even less noticeable when you load in all your clubs, balls etc

Price-wise, both are very close when you look around, less colour choice available in the Hybrid at the moment (mostly navy or black in stock) but I kind of like the simplicity.

So I am now torn between the Titleist Hybrid StaDry and the Titleist Players 4 Plus StaDry :unsure:

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have a sun mountain H2NO 14 way carry bag, actually got lucky a few years ago and got it at 50% off, which meant 100 quid at the time, and it’s still going strong. I have had no issue with it, still in great condition, I must add that I mainly use it from Oct to March though, I have a SM H2NO elite cart bag for the summer that is also excellent. I have used the carry on my PK trolly though and it’s been fine.

Boomy

Visit site
Was in the process of hunting down a Titleist Players 4 Plus StaDry - I carry all year. I just sold my cart bag as was fed up swapping back and forth and I get more enjoyment from the game when carrying as can just wander into the trees when I hit my frequent slice :oops: ). I kept my trolley in case I end up with 36 holes in a day and I can put my bag onto the trolley if needed.

My Players 4 is great for carrying, but after a recent (very) wet round everything was soaked in every pocket, and while I am buying again I am going to look for something a bit bigger - for ease of getting the clubs in rather than more storage space (I found my waterproofs rolled up etc fit into the Players 4 no problem).

The 14-way Titleist Hybrid StaDry caught my eye when in a few shops at the weekend. On paper, it is 0.5kg more than the Players 4 Plus StaDry, but when picking them up in the store it is not a noticeable weight difference, and I imagine even less noticeable when you load in all your clubs, balls etc

Price-wise, both are very close when you look around, less colour choice available in the Hybrid at the moment (mostly navy or black in stock) but I kind of like the simplicity.

So I am now torn between the Titleist Hybrid StaDry and the Titleist Players 4 Plus StaDry :unsure:

It would be the new 14 hybrid for me out of those 2 as I was sick of clubs tangling together with the Players 4 StaDry. But I found them both a bit on the heavy side, hence why I looked at other brands which has saved me nearly 1kg of extra to carry.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well, thanks everyone for the suggestions. As predicted there's no perfect answer really. The TM FlexTech Crossover seemed decent but wasn't waterproof, and the waterproof version is a bit different. The Titleist 14 Stadry looks decent but a tad expensive for me. I'm going for the Motocaddy one, only 5 pockets but they look pretty big, and I'll see how I like the 5 dividers rather than 14.

Mike79

Visit site
It would be the new 14 hybrid for me out of those 2 as I was sick of clubs tangling together with the Players 4 StaDry. But I found them both a bit on the heavy side, hence why I looked at other brands which has saved me nearly 1kg of extra to carry.

I was hoping the Players 4 Plus would help with the tangle as it is slightly larger?

sunshine

Visit site
Well, thanks everyone for the suggestions. As predicted there's no perfect answer really. The TM FlexTech Crossover seemed decent but wasn't waterproof, and the waterproof version is a bit different. The Titleist 14 Stadry looks decent but a tad expensive for me. I'm going for the Motocaddy one, only 5 pockets but they look pretty big, and I'll see how I like the 5 dividers rather than 14.

I did like the look of the motocaddy bag but stood next to the big max the pockets were tiny.

Boomy

Visit site
I was hoping the Players 4 Plus would help with the tangle as it is slightly larger?

The problem with The Players 4 StaDry bag is the shaping of the dividers and the way the bag funnels in internally. Because of the downward sloping dividers gravity naturally pulls all of the clubs together, causing them to bunch even more than a standard flat divider layout (which is a lot better) Ideally the dividers need to be flat/squared off which means the clubs will lay side by side, instead of bunching and tangling. Also the internals on the Players 4 bag narrow in, causing more tangling and bunching. Just a bit of a bad design in general and would have benefited from being 6 or 7 dividers, with squarer lines - the problem is that the flatter/squarer dividers don't look as sexy as the rounded ones, and looks tend to win over practicality with a lot of modern designs.

7519A50E-FF5D-4F33-B34A-3712C5A8BB8A.jpeg

Last edited: