Recommend a waterproof cart bag (see post 5)

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Bought a Callaway Hyper Dry Cart Bag about 18 months ago. One of the zips jammed a few months ago, but I didn't bother doing anything about it as it was just one of the little side pockets. However, the zip on the biggest front pocket where I keep my balls has also failed now.

The bag only had a one year warranty, so i took it to a local clothing alteration / repair place, but they said they couldn't help as it would be impossible to get the bag under the sewing machine.

I phoned up the retailer (Affordable Golf) who said they would contact Callaway to see if they could help. It's been a few days and I haven't heard back. Assuming nothing comes from that, any suggestions for getting it fixed, or is it time to look for a new bag?

- UPDATE : Credit note for £170 has been offered, so now looking for recommendations for a replacement, see post 5.

Last edited:

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Bought a Callaway Hyper Dry Cart Bag about 18 months ago. One of the zips jammed a few months ago, but I didn't bother doing anything about it as it was just one of the little side pockets. However, the zip on the biggest front pocket where I keep my balls has also failed now.

The bag only had a one year warranty, so i took it to a local clothing alteration / repair place, but they said they couldn't help as it would be impossible to get the bag under the sewing machine.

I phoned up the retailer (Affordable Golf) who said they would contact Callaway to see if they could help. It's been a few days and I haven't heard back. Assuming nothing comes from that, any suggestions for getting it fixed, or is it time to look for a new bag?
I'd wait for Callaway to come back. They're not easy to fix on waterproof bags as the zips tend to be welded or glued into position. Sometimes the manufacturers can be generous in these situations.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I'd wait for Callaway to come back. They're not easy to fix on waterproof bags as the zips tend to be welded or glued into position. Sometimes the manufacturers can be generous in these situations.

Thanks. I've just had an email from Affordable to say they have raised the case with Callaway, so I'll sit tight for the time being.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Kudos to Affordable Golf and Callaway who have agreed to give me a credit note for £170 for my bag (replacement not possible as apparently they don't make that model anymore.

So I'm now looking at a replacement from AG, and the short list is as follows -

Srixon Utradry (£189)
Titliest Sta Dry (£209)
Mizuno Br Dri (£219)
Taylormade Storm (£219)
Big Max Aqua Sport 3 (£219)

Any recommendations or ones to avoid?

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm in the market for a new cart bag, preferably waterproof. What I dont get is why manufacturers don't give images of the divider layout...that's almost as important to me as how many pockets the thing has got

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Kudos to Affordable Golf and Callaway who have agreed to give me a credit note for £170 for my bag (replacement not possible as apparently they don't make that model anymore.

So I'm now looking at a replacement from AG, and the short list is as follows -

Srixon Utradry (£189)
Titliest Sta Dry (£209)
Mizuno Br Dri (£219)
Taylormade Storm (£219)
Big Max Aqua Sport 3 (£219)

Any recommendations or ones to avoid?
Get a Titleist stydry, extremely well built and 100% waterproof, had mine for 2 years and has been great I bought it second hand too, the big max is a very good bag too, the TM Strom material is of very high quality I'd avoid the mizuno seem very light material that would rip quite easily I'd also add the hyperdry if you wernt replacing it

Last edited:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have got one of these (it is version of the Titleist Sta-dry bag but without the Titleist logo , made by the same company)
Brand new unused

https://www.amazon.co.uk/STA-DRY-10...ds=golf+bag+waterproof&qid=1627669790&sr=8-14

Willing to sell for £105 inc postage

the one downside I found with it is that it only has half length clothing pockets but others have said teh pockets take modern light weight waterproof jacket and trousers in each pocket.

divider layout

DSCN4047.JPG

Last edited:

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I’ve got a titleist sta dry cart bag and a waterproof rife carry bag.
The rife bag is excellent and probably made by one of the major golf bag making firms

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I have got one of these (it is version of the Titleist Sta-dry bag but without the Titleist logo , made by the same company)
Brand new unused

https://www.amazon.co.uk/STA-DRY-10...ds=golf+bag+waterproof&qid=1627669790&sr=8-14

Willing to sell for £105 inc postage

the one downside I found with it is that it only has half length clothing pockets but others have said teh pockets take modern light weight waterproof jacket and trousers in each pocket.

divider layout

View attachment 37805

do you take Affordable Golf credit note?

FELL75

Visit site
Had a Callaway hyperdry and it failed a few downpours. Then tried a Titleist sta dry, was better but wasn't 100%. Got rid and bought a Stewart waterproof cover for £40. Great purchase, had to walk off the course on Wednesday due to torrential rain. Bag stayed dry. In an ideal world a bag would be best but given up trying!

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have a stadry but there's a few things I don't like about the bag.

No grab handle so tricky to manoeuvre bag in/out of the car. Very weird omission.

Only 1 zip on all pockets, my old Titleist cart bag had 2 zips on almost all pockets. I guess it needs to be this way to make the zip waterproof. Doesn't sound a big deal but I miss not having dual zips.

Long pockets are smaller than old bag and it's a squeeze to get items in and out. Maybe old bag had just the one generous full length pocket but I preferred it.

But the bag does quite a good job of keeping things dry which is most important thing I suppose.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
I have a stadry but there's a few things I don't like about the bag.

No grab handle so tricky to manoeuvre bag in/out of the car. Very weird omission.

Only 1 zip on all pockets, my old Titleist cart bag had 2 zips on almost all pockets. I guess it needs to be this way to make the zip waterproof. Doesn't sound a big deal but I miss not having dual zips.

Long pockets are smaller than old bag and it's a squeeze to get items in and out. Maybe old bag had just the one generous full length pocket but I preferred it.

But the bag does quite a good job of keeping things dry which is most important thing I suppose.
I'd add the pocket with next to the umbrella sleeve is redundant if you carry an umbrella my hand doesn't fit without some effort

stevench

Club Champion
Visit site
I can only personally vouch for the H2NO staff bags but it doesn't seem that AG have these in at the minute.
If I were choosing it would be between the Stadry or the Ping Pioneer Monsoon and the Ping would probably edge it.