Re - Shafting a driver

spawn_ukuk

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I know very little about re shafting clubs being honest i know nothing about it.
I have a G20 driver and its a very good club but Ive always had long drivers mostly TM and cobras.
Id really love if the G20 could be re shafted with a slightly longer shaft. The G20 is 45.75" id really like it be closer to 46.50". Its only three quarters of a inch but for me would make the difference.

My question is can the G20 be re shafted?

Cheers

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
The difference forme would be 30 yards further right :)

.... yes, it can be re shafted quite easily, or even simpler with a small shaft extender.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Unless you want to use a different shaft, just get a 'plug' put in - glued into the butt.

By far the simplest - and removeable if required.

Probably only cost you a few quid - plus the cost of a new grip.

Quite a few Pro shops would/should be able to do it. As it's not much more than re-gripping.

spawn_ukuk

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Unless you want to use a different shaft, just get a 'plug' put in - glued into the butt.

Quite a few Pro shops would/should be able to do it. As it's not much more than re-gripping.

Cheers i found a place that can do it for me

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk

Just be careful when asking someone to glue a plug into your butt.

nemicu

Head Pro
Visit site
Don't forget your swing weight will go up by around 4 points too. It will feel heavier to swing and needless to say, it will be more difficult to control at added length.

spawn_ukuk

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Don't forget your swing weight will go up by around 4 points too. It will feel heavier to swing and needless to say, it will be more difficult to control at added length.

Just got my club back from a well known golf shop that has extended it for me 1.25 inches.
Done a decent job i think had to have a new grip,
I'm fine with the extra weight length, cheers for ya help

spawn_ukuk

Tour Rookie
Visit site
You're playing your driver at 47"??? :eek:

Yes theres no problem for me with that using a 47 inch driver, i used to play with the cobra long tom the 48 inch driver and i could handle that fairly well but i never did quite like the head design it has a lower cc too.
G20 suits me really well now with that extra bit of length on it to so gonna be really nice