Rakes....where do you place it after using it?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Actually the correct reply to the question in the subject of the thread

Rakes....where do you place it after using it?

is surely

Where the club asks me to place it

I actually have no say in the matter

I don't think I've ever played a course which told me where to place a rake. Not being funny, I've genuinely never seen a sign, been told in the pro shop etc.

If I play at an away course I will replace the rake exactly where I found it unless there are stands or holders that should have been used but simply haven't been.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I can't believe this thread is still ongoing - rake the bunker, put it in a place easily obtained for the next person and move on with life................ there's far more pending issues in the world

Mr Hip

Medal Winner
Visit site
Some people don't know what a rake is for! This is the face of the right hand green side bunker at 15. The rest of the bunker was in a similar condition. Yes, I raked the entire bunker myself. Bloody disgraceful. Apparently, an email on how to rake a bunker is in preparation. I'm not holding my breath.
IMG_20180908_113237.jpg

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Some people don't know what a rake is for! This is the face of the right hand green side bunker at 15. The rest of the bunker was in a similar condition. Yes, I raked the entire bunker myself. Bloody disgraceful. Apparently, an email on how to rake a bunker is in preparation. I'm not holding my breath.
View attachment 25485
It's the same with pitch marks. We all know we should repair them but I'm always repairing more than my own on most greens at my club. We get email reminders but it's simply ignored. Same with the bunkers. We get idiots that are too selfish to rake their footprints.

Mr Hip

Medal Winner
Visit site
It's the same with pitch marks. We all know we should repair them but I'm always repairing more than my own on most greens at my club. We get email reminders but it's simply ignored. Same with the bunkers. We get idiots that are too selfish to rake their footprints.
I was told as a kid "repair your pitch mark and one other". I think my record is mine and eleven others! Presumably, some people think that's what the greens staff are for.