Quirky courses

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Weird, bizarre, different, whatever term you want to use. What are the more unique courses that you have played?

Mine are probably the Mountain Course at La Quinta and Seaford Head's last 6 or so holes.

D

Deleted member 1147

Breadsall priory-there are about 4 consecutive right angle doglegs.

A course I detest!

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Souillac Golf & Country Club in the Dordogne.
Very short, quite hilly, and incredibly tight.
On many holes you'll either lose your ball or make par - about a 50/50 chance either way.

The 17th is the stupidest par 3 I've ever played.
It's only about 100 yards, but the green (which has savage drop offs to the side and behind) isn't visible from the tee.
If you miss it your ball is history.

One German couple we played with had a dog with them, and whenever they stuck one in the cabbage the hound was released to sniff it out.
I did wonder whether that might be against the rules of golf.

trevor

Head Pro
Visit site
Bramshaw forest course in the new forest, Hampshire. It’s on common land so you’re on the golf course along with cows, horses, deer and whatever else wanders in. When I played most of the greens were roped off to stop hoof prints on the green. Never sure if you were on the fairway or not but great fun and totally different.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Las Ramblas.

The guy in the pro shop said "Have you played here before", when I replied no, he said "Well, it's different......"

Great course though, but you can't see the outcome of your tee shot on so many holes.

Not one to play if you struggle with keeping it straight.