Quirky courses

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
IMG-20191224-WA0018.jpg

Its on its own lava rock tropical island, covered in mangrove trees and accessed via small boat (& formally a world top100 course according to some US based golf mag)... but most of all its great fun, once you've played it a couple of time (the first time its a game killer)

Ile Aux Cerfs Quirky rating... off the chart!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The most quirky course I have ever played closed fairly quickly after first opening from memory it was called the Mid Dorset, just outside Sturminster Newton. I played there about 3 times and the third time played there I walked after 9 holes and vowed never to go back despite being able to play the course for free on a County Card.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Bramshaw forest course in the new forest, Hampshire. It’s on common land so you’re on the golf course along with cows, horses, deer and whatever else wanders in. When I played most of the greens were roped off to stop hoof prints on the green. Never sure if you were on the fairway or not but great fun and totally different.

I remember the same thing at The New Forest Golf club

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
might have to look that one up, got a cottage break lined up later this year.

Bramshaw has two totally different courses well worth a visit.

I have only played the other one. Modern course with modern features and layout but no animals other than some of the players when I last played there.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
i played a course in leek. very unusual. I've never played a course where you play down the same fairway you've just been on