Question for Shot Scope V3 users

Neeko1988

Visit site
Hi All

I have recently purchased a Shot Scope V3 and used it for the first time this morning. I think its a great bit of kit and will really help me tailor my practice.

I do have a question though if anybody who is more experienced with it please. I hit a approach shot that missed the green by only a few inches. The watch thought I was on the green and the pin collect screen was shown. Is there a way on the watch to say it missed the green or is it only possible on the editing after?

Another issue, I used my wedges for some short bump and runs and it includes these in my distances. Is there a way to say these were short game shots?

Thanks
Chris

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Leave it on the Pin Collect screen. It still wants you to record the shot as a putt. I.e. One from just off the green and 2 putts on the green gets recorded on the watch's pin collect screen as 3 putts. The software will sort it out later as to which are "putting" stats and which are "short game" stats.

Neeko1988

Visit site
OK, Great. Thank you.

If I was to chip it from just off the green would it recognise it wasn't the putter or would I have to change that in the edit screen? thanks

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It'll probably still show the pin collect screen as you're so close to the green, but it will recognise the shot as a chip from the tag on the club.

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I haven't got either on watch or phone on me to check but:

On short shots e.g. bump and runs, half swings behind a tree etc. then on editing you can go to the shot, and there is an option to mark as a positional shot so I don't think it goes into distances. Saying that you have various forms of average so i think it evens out after a fair few rounds.

On putting screen going up, just chip as normal, swinging a wedge should register the shot and then tap how many putts after. May occasionally need some editing though on these short shots.

Neeko1988

Visit site
I haven't got either on watch or phone on me to check but:

On short shots e.g. bump and runs, half swings behind a tree etc. then on editing you can go to the shot, and there is an option to mark as a positional shot so I don't think it goes into distances. Saying that you have various forms of average so i think it evens out after a fair few rounds.

On putting screen going up, just chip as normal, swinging a wedge should register the shot and then tap how many putts after. May occasionally need some editing though on these short shots.

That’s Great, found it in the editing. Thanks for that ?

BridgfordBlue

Visit site
Hi All

I have recently purchased a Shot Scope V3 and used it for the first time this morning. I think its a great bit of kit and will really help me tailor my practice.

I do have a question though if anybody who is more experienced with it please. I hit a approach shot that missed the green by only a few inches. The watch thought I was on the green and the pin collect screen was shown. Is there a way on the watch to say it missed the green or is it only possible on the editing after?

Another issue, I used my wedges for some short bump and runs and it includes these in my distances. Is there a way to say these were short game shots?

Thanks
Chris

It should automatically take them out, think it needs to build more data for you first though. This is worth reading through -

https://shotscope.com/blog/stats/understanding-shot-scope-statistics-club-distances/

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’m getting one of these for Christmas and I’ve seen that a few others have recently purchased, maybe we should keep this thread going for all of the inevitable questions!

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Used mine for the first time today, I forgot to record the putts a few times and by the time you’re on the next tee it’s already moved on from pin collect. But most annoying is that you can’t check your score during the round? Would’ve thought that was a given! Disappointed.

Yorkhacker

Visit site
Personally, it doesn't bother me that it doesn't keep score, that's not what it's for. And if you're forgetting to record putts or recording them incorrectly, it would give you the wrong score anyway!

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Personally, it doesn't bother me that it doesn't keep score, that's not what it's for. And if you're forgetting to record putts or recording them incorrectly, it would give you the wrong score anyway!

Your last point hits the nail on the head though. I would’ve thought it would be a case of inputting your putts (whether you remember to do it on the green or on the next tee), and then it flashing up your score so that you can double check everything has recorded properly, particularly as you’re relying on it picking up the previous shots correctly. I’m really surprised, I would’ve though the list of must haves would include score tracking.

Yorkhacker

Visit site
Maybe it will come in a future upgrade. Personally I always keep a scorecard as well, which I mark FIR, Girs, no. of putts and putt lengths. Atm the putting stats given on shotscope are not accurate enough, something to do with the satellite I believe.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Any recommendations for other gps watches out there that record shots and stats but also let you keep a track of your score as you go?

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
Any recommendations for other gps watches out there that record shots and stats but also let you keep a track of your score as you go?
I got a Garmin S60 just before Christmas, which does that. Nice GPS watch, but still getting to grips with the stats side of things. Its not as advanced as Shotscope, or Game Golf, which I used previously, but it gives enough for me. Like other systems, putting is not really covered to any degree.

Neeko1988

Visit site
I’ve played 6 rounds with the Shot scope and have gone from loving it to a bit kind of disappointed. I think the degree of stats it provides is good but I seem to find myself having to do an awful lot of editing to make sure it’s accurate enough to bother with..

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’ve played 6 rounds with the Shot scope and have gone from loving it to a bit kind of disappointed. I think the degree of stats it provides is good but I seem to find myself having to do an awful lot of editing to make sure it’s accurate enough to bother with..

Yeh, that’s where I’m at after 1 round. Also, the strap’s a bit fiddly and the clasp hangs down.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Yeh, that’s where I’m at after 1 round. Also, the strap’s a bit fiddly and the clasp hangs down.

The watch strap on the V1 was horrendous, they've improved it hugely since then but it's still terrible when compared to the Garmin watches. I've brought this up numerous times with the Shot Scope team, I know it's a minor fault but it really is annoying and enough to put me off using the watch.

I find that I don't have to do too much editing though. I always use my laptop for the editing as it's much easier on the desktop version rather than the app.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
This was always my issue with any of the shot tracking systems...unless it picks up every shot you have to check every shot.
Life's too short for that every time I play..