Question for interlock grip users

S17er

Club Champion
Visit site
Do you chip with the same grip or revert to conventional? I'm beginning to think the interlock is not compatible with 'soft hands' and finding conventional better.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
You can use the grip you find works best.

Interlocking is good for full shots but I bet many move to normal for pitching and chipping.

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
You can use the grip you find works best.

Interlocking is good for full shots but I bet many move to normal for pitching and chipping.

What’s “Normal”? ;)

I use it for all shots and can’t see any benefit of chopping and changing. Quite the reverse in fact.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Changing adds another variable and most of us have too many of those as it is...
But, if it produces results...don't knock it

S17er

Club Champion
Visit site
I've never putted with interlocking grip and as chipping is a putting like stroke it seems sensible to use the same grip as for putting. I can do both but thinking that interlock makes me hold the club tighter/more tension which is no good when trying to gently flight a 60 deg 2 yards onto putting surface with dead hands.

TreeSeeker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Changing adds another variable and most of us have too many of those as it is...
But, if it produces results...don't knock it

I wouldn't say changing the grip adds a variable, since its not a range of deliveries, its more changing the equation.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
i can't quite make up my mind which i prefer TBH, Used interlocking for a while, then switched to overlap and have spells where i use either.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I've never putted with interlocking grip and as chipping is a putting like stroke it seems sensible to use the same grip as for putting. I can do both but thinking that interlock makes me hold the club tighter/more tension which is no good when trying to gently flight a 60 deg 2 yards onto putting surface with dead hands.

I don't know why you grip the club tighter with an interlocking grip, there's no need.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I wouldn't say changing the grip adds a variable, since its not a range of deliveries, its more changing the equation.

Unless the change of grip is automatic, you have to think about changing it.
And thinking on the golf course is bad!!!
Especially during the swing.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Stay with the interlock for all types of shots, always used it and happy with it. Only time i use an over lap as for putting as it just feel better for me, I will use an interlock for putting if going left hand low which I try out from time to time if struggling with putting just to get a different feels.

londonlewis

Tour Rookie
www.golfdrawer.com
Do you chip with the same grip or revert to conventional? I'm beginning to think the interlock is not compatible with 'soft hands' and finding conventional better.

I interlock for all shots except putting.
And with chipping, I'm not particularly 'handsy', I prefer to use rotation of the shoulders as my preferred technique.

What ever works for you though, plenty of ways to play the game.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I can hit full shots with interlock and overlapping grips. simply cannot chip like that. Lose all fell. I always chip using 10 finger grip.