qualifying competition cancelled is it allowed..

Patricia Mcgrath

Visit site
can a qualifying competition be changed to a non qualifying competition 6 days before the competition for no other reason than we want the ladies to enjoy their golf.. 1 have been told I can still put a card in if i so wish. we all signed up knowing it was a qualifying competition.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Over all the years I have played I have played there has been many a comp made a non qualifier for no justifiable reason.
Clubs should not do it but far too many organisers are laws unto themselves.

Seen it most in Opens.

Patricia Mcgrath

Visit site
Over all the years I have played I have played there has been many a comp made a non qualifier for no justifiable reason.
Clubs should not do it but far too many organisers are laws unto themselves.

Seen it most in Opens.
i thought under the current system that committee's were not allowed to change the status of a comp once people had signed up. unless there were exceptional circumstances, such as course conditions or weather. not a happy bunny.. ladies sections really don't help themselves... why cant we just have a working section so i don't need to be lumped in with the senior ladies..

wjemather

Visit site
can a qualifying competition be changed to a non qualifying competition 6 days before the competition for no other reason than we want the ladies to enjoy their golf.. 1 have been told I can still put a card in if i so wish. we all signed up knowing it was a qualifying competition.
No. Clubs cannot decide to set competitions as not acceptable for handicapping unless there are valid reasons (e.g. course not measured and rated, not playing to the rules of golf, etc.). Bad weather is not a valid reason - the course would have to be in exceptionally poor condition.

If played on a measured and rated course, by the rules of golf, etc. all competitions must be set as acceptable for handicapping and all scores in them must be returned and submitted.