Q-School - fair or unfair?

JohnWT

Medal Winner
Visit site
Does anyone think the current European Tour card set-up is unfair? Only the top 10 on the Challenge Tour during a given season earn their full playing rights for the following year. Should more be rewarded for their proven consistency on what is the second strongest tour in Europe rather than have to go through the "lottery" of six rounds at Q-School?

Shooter_McGavin

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Q school has it all-serious drama, ultimate pressure, elation and sadness. It is great as a sporting spectacle and I’m surprised television companies haven’t taken advantage of this. I agree though it is a bit unfair for those on the challenge tour- they work hard all year for very little compared to a few weeks at tour school where someone can get lucky and make the tour!

Trueblue

Head Pro
Visit site
I agree that the Q-School is just brilliant drama - could you imagine a worse 6 footer than one to get your card for the next season....But that is unfair on the Challenge Tour Pros - it's tough struggle for little reward...

MacMachattie

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for David Drysdale. Missed out on retaining his card by one place for the second year in succession. At last year's Q school he missed out on getting a card by a single shot.....