PXG Gen 4 drivers

tigerwes

Hacker
Visit site
Does anyone use or have tried the PXG Gen 4 drivers. They're now on sale for £209, which for a new driver is a bit of a bargain.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Does anyone use or have tried the PXG Gen 4 drivers. They're now on sale for £209, which for a new driver is a bit of a bargain.
I got the gen5 for £250 .
It’s a fabulous club for the price.
I am sure the gen4 is as good it just isn’t as Ajustable as gen5.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have one. Got it for 250 few months back.

It’s my 2nd PXG driver and a Direct replacement for the gen 2 I have loved for two and a bit years.

Took me a few rounds to get used to the feel of the club and different Shaft, as I changed from a HZRDUS yellow smoke, to a HZRDUS blue smoke.

I’m hitting it well beyond what was already a very long club in the gen 2.

Honestly for 200 quid it’s a bloody steal.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
PXG pulled off the marketing trick of the decade with their ploy of starting out with hugely expensive equipment so everyone thinks it must be the dogs, and then dropping the price so that everyone thinks that they're getting the bargain of the century, when in actual fact PXG drivers are bang average. (IMHO :) )

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
PXG pulled off the marketing trick of the decade with their ploy of starting out with hugely expensive equipment so everyone thinks it must be the dogs, and then dropping the price so that everyone thinks that they're getting the bargain of the century, when in actual fact PXG drivers are bang average. (IMHO :) )

More importantly , you can get 3 pxg drivers for the cost of a stealth!

Now they have the brand awareness, in challenging Financial Times they will gain market share.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Went to the range today after work to hit a few balls in preparation for tomorrow.

About my 4th swing this happened.....

IMG-20220916-161531.jpg

I was doing a practice swing and struck the bay divider. To say I'm gutted would be an understatement, luckily it wasn't the face but I'm still devastated.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I managed to do similar at the range with a callaway rogue about 3 months after getting it. Like you it didn't seem to make much different despite being more on the face than yours.

I had golf care insurance though who I claimed through and they paid out with minimal fuss. I've still got the damaged head actually.
20220917_080636.jpg

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I bought one of the Gen 5 drivers for £250. Right from the first hit on the range it has gone well and I think it’s similar in distance to the Mizuno ST190 I had been using previously , but the dispersion is better. Could partly be down to having gone for a 1/2 inch shorter shaft, but the PXG gives more confidence.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
First round with the driver yesterday and it was ridiculously good.

2 bad drives, first one was my own fault getting quick with my hands and 2nd actually ended up in a decent spot considering the swing I put on it.

I love the sound and the feel. Money well spent imo.