Putting

golfdub

Tour Rookie
Visit site
This is my thinking of the best way to putt.

Ball slightly forward in stance so you can hit he ball at the start of the up swing and the swing it's self is by rocking of the shoulders BUT is the club supposed to swing on a radius or does it have a slight flat spot I.e the club is not on a radius between you feet.

I hope this makes sense :)

I don't mean any disrespect to anyone but can only people with great knowledge of this answer please.

Thanks in advance

P.s I putt with just a radius

Last edited:

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Bob incoming in 3.. 2.. 1..

:thup:

Did someone call?

BUT is the club supposed to swing on a radius or does it have a slight flat spot

I would say there is no absolutely correct way to putt.
Some people try and swing it straight back and straight through, others let it swing more naturally which is a slight arc while the rest... I'm not sure what they're doing (Smiffy).;)
Having said that, losts of the top putters in the world have a slight arc to their putting stroke.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
No knowledge, just an opinion, which is that to a degree it doesn't matter how you putt. What is most important in my eyes is that you do the same thing EVERY time.

I got the Ping putting app last week and it measures all sorts of stuff and gives you a rating.
It says there are no right or wrong 'answers' for what is measures, but consistency is king.