Putting...

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Maybe I should have made it clearer.
I should have mentioned its the upper arms that stay close to the body with an angle from the elbow so the lower arm and putter shaft are in a straight line.
If you bend over a lot, your upper arms will hang away from your body unless you pull them in like Seve used to.
The idea is to have the angle at the elbow, not at the wrist

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Maybe I should have made it clearer.
I should have mentioned its the upper arms that stay close to the body with an angle from the elbow so the lower arm and putter shaft are in a straight line.
If you bend over a lot, your upper arms will hang away from your body unless you pull them in like Seve used to.
The idea is to have the angle at the elbow, not at the wrist

Thanks a million Bob.....Iv got it now.:thup:

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Sorry Kid2 for the slight hijack earlier.

I have another question (probably for Bob) but this is on the subject... :)

When putting, should the chest turn with the shoulders?

The reason I ask is I was playing around with my V-Easy earlier this evening, and noticed that it was sliding through my arms with my normal putting stroke.

If I held it tighter between my arms and body, and didn't allow it to slide, my chest turned with the stroke.

Which is correct please?

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
i dont make enough putts either. its the reason (well one of them) that i am stuck at this handicap at the minute. its so hard to pull back the shots. if i could sink 2/3 birdie putts a round id be laughing. i shot 6 over today and i cant tell you how many half decent birdie putts that just wouldnt drop for me. its hardwork i tell ye! :blah:

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Sorry Kid2 for the slight hijack earlier.

I have another question (probably for Bob) but this is on the subject... :)

When putting, should the chest turn with the shoulders?

The reason I ask is I was playing around with my V-Easy earlier this evening, and noticed that it was sliding through my arms with my normal putting stroke.

If I held it tighter between my arms and body, and didn't allow it to slide, my chest turned with the stroke.

Which is correct please?

Can you check if it's your chest turning or your hips ?
The bast way to test this is to stand with your backside against a wall or chair. Keep the pressure against the wall even on both cheeks throughout the stroke.
Turning the hips is the normal cause of the shoulders/chest turning

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Can you check if it's your chest turning or your hips ?
The bast way to test this is to stand with your backside against a wall or chair. Keep the pressure against the wall even on both cheeks throughout the stroke.
Turning the hips is the normal cause of the shoulders/chest turning

Thanks Bob, I'll check that.

I take it that the chest shouldn't turn then, and the arms of the V-Easy will slide between arms/body as the shoulders rock back and forth?

After today (actually my last 3 rounds) putting is the least of my worries. :mad: