Putting

IanLeeds

Assistant Pro
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Hi Guys,

I have just had a quick 9 holes my driving was perfect and so was my irons however my putting was appalling as always. I am looking for some tips on putting any drills I can do?

I 3 putt on most greens without this and 2 putting I would have par'd most holes today.

2l9igox.png

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Its a bit tricky to tell from the view. A face on would be better.
One thing that does stand out is your lower half moves a fair bit through impact, especially your right knee.
And your backswing looks too long compared to your follow through.
Any chance of a face on view please?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Thanks for that Ian.
If you watch your stroke into the ball, can you see how you slow down. The right hand then does a bit of a hit and you lose the angles in your wrists. Your follow through is much shorter than your backswing.
If you compare your stroke with mine below, see how my wrists stay firm and the putter swings through the ball with the help of the V-Easy.
Couple that with your hips moving and I can see why your having problems

My swing using the V-Easy

IanLeeds

Assistant Pro
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Thanks for that Ian.
If you watch your stroke into the ball, can you see how you slow down. The right hand then does a bit of a hit and you lose the angles in your wrists. Your follow through is much shorter than your backswing.
If you compare your stroke with mine below, see how my wrists stay firm and the putter swings through the ball with the help of the V-Easy.
Couple that with your hips moving and I can see why your having problems

My swing using the V-Easy

thanks bob, Obviously without buying the V-Easy which I am contemplating so far golf has been an expensive week, joining a course, a few lessons some new Wilson DX2 balls.. Not sure if I can spare another £20 this week ;)

Is there anything which I can do to practice, Hold the putter tighter and follow through more?