Putting stance

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
I used to lock my legs and have a lot of spine angle to get my eyes over the ball, effective however practicing made my back hurt like hell.

If 'feel' like my legs take a lot more of the weight now I have my knees slightly bent, how true that is I don't know.

If 'feel' like????? Et tu Brutus.:whistle: ...

Sorry could not resist it.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I like to have my feet a little open a bit like Nicklaus. Always felt comfy doing it and it seems to work ok for me. I think as long as you can hole out regualrly from 2-5 feet and sneal a few from longer in then it doesn't matter how - its all about how many

Phil2511

Global Moderator
www.britespark.org
Does anyone else putt with their legs locked at the knees?

I was advised to by a pro that works for my normal coach. This guy has done alot of study on putting and is a huge fan of Dave Pelz. Since doing so I have seen great results. Had 6 1 putts on Sunday over 9 holes. But I seem to have found more consistency in my stroke and with direction and with The Vibe in my distance control has been much better.
I used to move my hips before and locking the knees has helped stop this for me.
But as has been said before stick with what works. I see many strange putting strokes within the Cat 1 players at my club.

slykatrinah

daily-golf-tips.com
The role of the flex in the right knee is to help keep the hips more level in the backswing. If the right knee straightens, it pushes the right hip up and consequently the left hip down resulting in too much left-hip tilt in the backswing.

Last edited by a moderator: