Putting question ( Bob are you there )

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I asked this question some time ago, elbows in or out when putting

Since i have found my best type of putter "Fang" for my stroke type i am trying to leave behind the elbows out style behind because i think at the end there is more risk of becoming wristy

Because of this i miss most putts to the left ( Right handed )

I have tried to work on the elbows in and more connected feeling with a slight posture change i have seen improvements

My questions are

1. What will the elbows in cure ?
2. Is this the more correct method for consistency

I was told some years back to imagine a beachball between my arms which results in elbows out. This has worked well but i am trying to tweek it and must decide if i should change

Putter is working out well since changing from my blade

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
1. What will the elbows in cure ?
2. Is this the more correct method for consistency

It believe it will help with your consistency.
If you putt elbows out (EO) there's a chance you will alter the angle at the elbow during the stroke which does nothing for the putter face alignment.
It will also give you a more in to sq to in swing as oppossed to the straight back and through swing.
One thing I am a little conscerned with...you say you've changed your posture a bit. Does that mean you are now standing taller?

As with everything in putting, no one stroke is correct for everyone but if you watch the best putters on tour they all tend to putt elbows in.
Just don't try and copy Jack or Arnie's putting stroke.

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It believe it will help with your consistency.
If you putt elbows out (EO) there's a chance you will alter the angle at the elbow during the stroke which does nothing for the putter face alignment.
It will also give you a more in to sq to in swing as oppossed to the straight back and through swing.
One thing I am a little conscerned with...you say you've changed your posture a bit. Does that mean you are now standing taller?

As with everything in putting, no one stroke is correct for everyone but if you watch the best putters on tour they all tend to putt elbows in.
Just don't try and copy Jack or Arnie's putting stroke.
Hi Bob
With the elbows in i find i need to bend more to get shoulders / arms hanging down, i guess this proves the point about my older method where it may of been more arms and not shoulders doing the rocking
Sadly i was given bad information when i started about how to putt and although i became very good on average i found i could improve if my technique was more text book