Putting mats??

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
I’m thinking about getting a putting Mat to practice my putting in the house anyone use one?

if so which one ?have you seen your putting improve as a result ?Ive been looking at the puttout Mat and pressure hole to match (think that’s what it’s called).

any information or review would be great before I waste money on what could be a gimmick cheers

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I just got a Welling mat from Costco to go with my lovely new Bettinardi. Great mat, 'zones' printed on it with a booklet of game type practices. Rolls smoothly too. 4m in length and I think they do an 8m one too.

Only bad news (nowt to do with the mat) is that sadly my shoulder aches like a mofo when I try to putt. Looks like it will be a while before it gets proper use.

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
There’s more than just the puttout I see I didn’t realise there was so many ,with the puttout being a roll up mat do you get a lot of creases when you unroll it ?

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have the puttout mat with the puttout itself.

Great piece of kit and noticeably putt better the day after I have used it (I just need to use it more now)

I find it brilliant to improve my setup and stroke, it just makes you feel confident on the course that you are setup correctly.

Regarding the creases, it lies very flat on my floor apart from the very end (where it is rolled up the tightest) but even that goes flat after about 20-30 mins. And that part is literally the lip so it doesn't even have an effect.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
I just got a Welling mat from Costco to go with my lovely new Bettinardi. Great mat, 'zones' printed on it with a booklet of game type practices. Rolls smoothly too. 4m in length and I think they do an 8m one too.

Only bad news (nowt to do with the mat) is that sadly my shoulder aches like a mofo when I try to putt. Looks like it will be a while before it gets proper use.
i liked the welling, but it ran about 14 on the stimp (As its the pro version from costco)

i have this now - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pure2Impro...=1551097198&sr=8-3&keywords=pure2improve+golf

cheaper than the putt out but just as good!

PaulyMcK

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Would be another one to recommend Putt Out Mat, had mine for over a year and it still rolls fast and is flat also. Plenty of drills to be mastered as well if you also buy the Putt Out Trainer. (y)

TheJezster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Would be another one to recommend Putt Out Mat, had mine for over a year and it still rolls fast and is flat also. Plenty of drills to be mastered as well if you also buy the Putt Out Trainer. (y)
Is it definitely worth buying both?

I hadnt even thought about it until I read this thread but now I'm thinking it might be fun to get extra practice in at home.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
I’m thinking about getting a putting Mat to practice my putting in the house anyone use one?

if so which one ?have you seen your putting improve as a result ?Ive been looking at the puttout Mat and pressure hole to match (think that’s what it’s called).

any information or review would be great before I waste money on what could be a gimmick cheers
I use the puttout matt and trainer, the matt just rolls up and goes into the bag after use, the matt itself rolls true plus its quite hard wearing, comes in grey too only criticism is the length only 7ftx1.5ft approximately, the perfect putt trainer is a good addition, had it just over a year and its just as good as the day I bought it no creases or ends turning up lays flat,

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

dronfield

Visit site
I use a PGA Tour one that i picked up cheap from somewhere like Sports Direct. Is good in conjunction with a putting mirror for helping with set up / posture.

I always try to use a putting mirror when practicing and can never believe how odd it feels at first - what i think is correct alignment is shown to be out through the mirror proving that my eyes are not over the ball.

Rich