putters

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
OK. What is the scientific question for which you require data?

Please try to be specific.

A putter has a grip and a centre of gravity.
The centre of gravity is usually around the head.
If we close our eyes and make our normal putter swing, can we tell if it's face balanced or toe hang?

Traminator

Visit site
The first one concludes, Para 5, that the stroke is largely unaltered by style of putter, the second concludes that more toe hang is harder to control. ?‍♂️ Nothing radical there.

One thing that is obvious is that face balanced putters have more chance of staying aiming in the same direction through impact, ie higher MOI.

Boomy

Visit site
All you are saying there is that you have one specific putter that you can't control the distance with.

That’s not what I was or am saying at all. Do you control the distance perfectly every time, every putt? No, I thought not. Do you learn from the first putt, the feel of it? Maybe you’re a robot ? I don’t know.

Boomy

Visit site
Of course nobody is a robot.

I will change my comment that you say you can't control the distance with a style of insert, not one putter, my mistake.

But you seem to be coming from the angle that your very first putt with each putter is on the first green and that whatever happens is a surprise.

If you don't like the dull sound in general of soft inserts, obviously that's a personal choice, but feel for distance control comes from skill and practice.

My first putt of the day tends to be on the practice green prior to my round. (Unless unable to with Covid rules)

I get what you’re saying, distance control comes with practice... absolutely.. but however it is worded I prefer the feel from a face without a numb insert. I ‘personally feel’ that I roll the ball better without a fancy insert. I feel that I get instant feedback from the putter - which I prefer.