Putters

jordan1987

Visit site
Do people change their putters often? I've had an Odyssey white hot #7 for years and last summer I decided to change it up and bought the #1 blade putter, I hated it from the 1st shot even though I tried it out before I bought it. I have since bought the Taylormade TP Soto putter and feel a little more comfortable but I can see me going back to my old one in the summer.

Wolf

Visit site
Putters probably the least change club in most people's bags as its a comfort and confidence thing with a putter once you get the right feel and trust in the club its a big thing to change it.

Im very much a person that rarely changes putters, I even still own one I had as a 14year old junior and have a practise putt with it now and again knowing I can put it in play as I just trust how it feels

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've now had my current putter for two years. Before that I just had a rubbish starter one so it's the only one I've picked out and spent money on. I actually did a fitting session for it, which I haven't done for any other clubs, so that gave me a bit more faith it's the right one. I see no reason to change it really. While drivers, irons, etc have different tech to consider, I think with a putter it's really just the look, feel and weight that's important. So not much benefit in chopping in changing unless you don't know what you like.

I would quite happily keep my putter another ten years unless it falls apart. I like the idea of being so accustomed to my putter that it feels as natural as swinging your own arm.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've chopped and changed for a number of years but I really like my current one and I don't see any reason why I would change in the immediate future. I'm now much clearer on what suits me, what I am looking for, and whilst I might change for a sexier looking version the basics of what I have now I will stick with. Luckily my current one looks nice, to my eye, so there is no desire to change again right now. It's golf though and that can all change quite quickly :D

D

Deleted member 21258

I have three in the shed but think I am now sticking with the one I am now using, well until another one finds it way into the house:devilish:

jordan1987

Visit site
I've chopped and changed for a number of years but I really like my current one and I don't see any reason why I would change in the immediate future. I'm now much clearer on what suits me, what I am looking for, and whilst I might change for a sexier looking version the basics of what I have now I will stick with. Luckily my current one looks nice, to my eye, so there is no desire to change again right now. It's golf though and that can all change quite quickly :D

Yeah I have also chopped and changed over the years, more so the grips, fatso, slim, etc, you name it I've tried it.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
Putters probably the least change club in most people's bags as its a comfort and confidence thing with a putter once you get the right feel and trust in the club its a big thing to change it.

Im very much a person that rarely changes putters, I even still own one I had as a 14year old junior and have a practise putt with it now and again knowing I can put it in play as I just trust how it feels
Least changed! I know people who change putters more often than they change their underwear.

Wolf

Visit site
Least changed! I know people who change putters more often than they change their underwear.
So do I my dad include has had more putters in the last year than most people have holidays in their lifetimes.

I do stand by what I say though that I think in most part it is the least change club for most people

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yeah I have also chopped and changed over the years, more so the grips, fatso, slim, etc, you name it I've tried it.
Not just grips on the putter, grips for how you hold the putter :unsure:. Pretty much every variation out there. I've settled on my current set up, for now:LOL:. Very calming when you feel right though. Even if the putts don't drop I'm not looking at anything to blame, it's just me.

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
I have a 6 year old Oddysey X Blade No. 8, the one Phil Mickelson used to rock many moons ago. I actually have a forward shaft lean style of putting so it suits me really well.

I bought it when my SC Laguna 2 Pro Platinum was stolen and never looked at another putter since.

I have actually more for nostalgia just bought a Scotty Custom Shop Laguna 2 putter, I can't wait to receive it. The original one i had was the best putter i'd ever owned in my life. I just have the perfect feel with that club.

Ive had fittings with many new putters and would be happy to spend a decent sum of money on one but I just don't get on with them as much as the X Blade 8 and Laguna 2.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I only have three
Started with a cheap nicklaus but build quality was not great
Moved to TM smoke to get better quality without realising how much I'd dislike an inset face

Then found my dream in the last of the Nike method 001 blades just as they stopped making clubs and will never buy anything else unless I run over it, superb fit for me in design, build quality, weight, strike... everything just clicks

Still haven't sold the other two yet but they'll never get used again

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I don't change putter very often at all.
Still using an Oddysey Sabre Tooth that must be getting on for 10 years old. It's had a couple of grip changes and is due a refresh. Putting is still a relative strength so can't see me changing for a good while yet

Edit - 7 years old

Last edited:

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Only ever bought 3 putters and still have them all.

A cleveland classic blade - that is still ok, but was getting a bit rusty.
Tried an Odessey Versa a few years ago, but after a few years went back to the blade for better feel on longer putts. Don't use this and would get rid if the paint wasn't all chipped.

Over Christmas upgraded to a Ping Vault 2.0 Anser copper putter. Looks the biz and was fully fitted for my size and style. Still getting used to it being slightly softer off the face, but really enjoying it and don't plan to change it for many years.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The only times I have changed putters in the past 20 years is because I have damaged the one I was using.
In over 40 years of playing, although I have had quite a few putters, there have only been 4 that have stayed in the bag for long periods of time.

Robin Hood

Visit site
I have had several putters over the years. It's always been the weakest part of my game, until recently. I had a putting lesson with the Pro, who changed a few things but also recommended trying a counterbalanced putter. It works.
I have recently changed clubs, and can't wait for qualifiers to (hopefully) get my handicap down.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Do people change their putters often? I've had an Odyssey white hot #7 for years .

Glad I saw this . I have this putter for the last decade or so. Recently came back to the game after 7 -8 yr break( knee op)
I was thinking of getting a more modern one, as you do, but it seems I have a more than competitive one already.!

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've gone back to using a seemore putter after spending the season using a 2 ball. I pulled everything left with the 2 ball.

I loaned the seemore to a family member. So glad to get it back. Rolling it well and making putts. It's like a breath of fresh air.