Putter suggestions.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Im currently using the Rossa Inza AGSI putter which i brought solely because i beleived my putting problems at the time were related to the bad line up of my puts) the Inza features a nice lineup mark to help you get the hang of lining up correctly,

My putting come back a bit (after a few lessons and a complete strip and rebuild of my putting technique) but still isnt 100% althought the odd 20ft drop in is aiding faith a bit, but my biggest issue is over/under putting on fast greens, the heavy mallet style just seems to much.

Because of the weighty head, this time of year im finding myself either scared of the 6ft'ers incase i put it 3/4 foot past, or stabbing at them leaving them short.

Im starting to think a lighter putter would be more suited to this time of year, although id still ideally like something that offered a decent line up feature insted of the 10/15mm line like some of the bladed putters offer.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to some models that would meet this requirement. I know my bag is 99% TM but im open to most makes, just not some of the 6k scottys on fleebay.

Seen some Yes Hannah and Yes Lizzy ones which look nice, any reviews on them.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Thats pretty close to some of the yes ones ive been looking at bob, not sure why i just feel with the large mallet style at the moment its hard to get small strokes without stabbing at it,

downhills seem an absolute missing at the moment,

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
for years i used a daytona style blade putter and done ok, the problem was then after a brake from the sport i tried about every sort of variation of a putting stance i could and blew the hole lot.

As i said my pro basically stripped my putting and rebuilt it, but now im finding my technique is better i feel the Inza a bit much.

Im sure that in autum/winter/spring when greens are wooly and slow it could be amazing, but i just cant get the "summer touch " with it and its killing me. Im getting around 3 3 putts per round now, and their not from a distance that i beleive makes a 3 putt acceptable. 1-2 footers can some times need such a soft tap, so hitting them with a barge on a stick is a bit overkill, rather like a sledge hammer to hang a picture hook.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Oh dear, ive look on the yes site and it seems one that is close to what im after is named after my ex, can't see the misses letted me spend £150 on amy again... lol

Spartacus

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I've the Yes Olivia putter for sale if you're interested.

It comes with a set of heavy and light weights so you can choose what suits best for the situation e.g heavy in winter light in summer etc.

It has a Winn Jumbo grip.

It's 33" long.

The condition is good to great.

Interested?

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Odsox,
Have you tried a TM itsy Bitsy.....I use mine in winter and summer fast or slow green and love it....I changed the grip to a Tiger Shark oversize and its great.It really takes the wrists out of the stroke....Mine is more pendilum now....34" shaft and distance control is great....Also those shaky putts you talk off it might sort them.
Just a suggestion.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Oddsocks. I have a HUUGE mallet putter, also a TM AGSI creation. I bought a blade-style putter back in Jan (in the sales) and it was a wasted purchase t.b.h.

I used it yesterday, just for fun and putted quite nicely, but it's nowhere near as stable if you hit it off-centre.

Be careful what you wish for....and spend your money on.

I played the fastest greens in the county 15 days ago with my Monza Corsa. It's really not a problem. Practise holing 1-2 footers with no backswing, then 4-6 footers only letting the club swing back to your right foot toes. Simples....honestly.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've the Yes Olivia putter for sale if you're interested.

It comes with a set of heavy and light weights so you can choose what suits best for the situation e.g heavy in winter light in summer etc.

It has a Winn Jumbo grip.
It's 33" long.
The condition is good to great.

Interested?

Not really mate but thanks for the response

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Odsox,
Have you tried a TM itsy Bitsy.....I use mine in winter and summer fast or slow green and love it....I changed the grip to a Tiger Shark oversize and its great.It really takes the wrists out of the stroke....Mine is more pendilum now....34" shaft and distance control is great....Also those shaky putts you talk off it might sort them.
Just a suggestion.

The itsy and the one I have are pretty close in design the prob I have is weight control on short or downhill puts but it's great from a distance as far as I'm aware the new putting stroke is ptretty wrist free

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Oddsocks. I have a HUUGE mallet putter, also a TM AGSI creation. I bought a blade-style putter back in Jan (in the sales) and it was a wasted purchase t.b.h.
I used it yesterday, just for fun and putted quite nicely, but it's nowhere near as stable if you hit it off-centre.
Be careful what you wish for....and spend your money on.
I played the fastest greens in the county 15 days ago with my Monza Corsa. It's really not a problem. Practise holing 1-2 footers with no backswing, then 4-6 footers only letting the club swing back to your right foot toes. Simples....honestly.

I'll try that save, now the membership is active maybe a few nights on the puttin green will sort it

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I have recently switched to a Scotty red x, which is my first ever mallet putter. It has been brilliant. And free, which always helps. Great on fast or slow greens. I just feel I can't miss with it.