Putter search - no go.....???

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Very interesting thread this and couldn't have come at a better time. I have a putting lesson Monday first ever. Going to see what the pro suggests and if he thinks I need a whole new look and swing I will go for it because I feel I have never had a grooved putting stroke. I also tampered with a Wilson deep red the other day by getting it chopped to 32. The putter was awful compared to my oddysey so I didn't really get any conclusive results.

I report back monday nightwith what went down!

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Bobmac, no, I don't look like that, I tend to have an arm/putter line more like the lines RG put on your picture. I find if I have everything in line, I pull everything left. I have low hands at address, and have found from experience that that works for me. Putting is not the weakness in my game, so in general I am quite happy. I sink my fair share of putts, but may consider getting my putter bent flatter, just to suit my eye better.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just to keep you informed, I've just got back from seeing the assistant range pro (pga qualified) to try and clear all this up.

He gave me some help after the range was closed. I showed him my putters and compared these to the Ping fitting club that is normally around the shop.....he's happy with my putters being 35" and 3-4 degrees upright, but to make sure, I'm booked in for a proper fitting with the "real" pro who's done the training at the Swash centre.

On the face of it, it could be an expensive way to double-check, but then again, I might end up with a putter that an expert feels is more suited.