Putter refurbishment

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Ive got a Scotty newport classic and rust is starting to come through the black paint on the head, I know Scotty do refurbs but I was looking for somewhere a bit cheaper to get it done, any ideas where I can get my putter refurbed guys?

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I have to wonder, does it not seem that the finish on those Scotties should be made more resilient? How many other manufacturers would be allowed to get away with the need to have them refurbished.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have to wonder, does it not seem that the finish on those Scotties should be made more resilient? How many other manufacturers would be allowed to get away with the need to have them refurbished.

Different Scotty putters are made for different markets. The pro platinum coated putters are better for the wet UK weather, but the black oxide finish will wear and if not kept dry, will rust. However that is OK for much of the US. Some other makers make the same finish with the same issues. Many original Pings have tarnished pretty badly, but some people like that character in them.

You also have to remember that quite a few of the Scotty putters refinished and refurbed have been around for almost 20 years, and have outlasted many other brands which are now consigned to the garage.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site

Ha ha! I like your cynicism! SC is definitely Marketing focused - and is very good at that!

And while the the finish on my 10+ yo Betti is starting to show a bit of wear, that doesn't seem anything to be worried about. And I am certain it's never going to rust! :whistle: