Putter refurb....or?

• Thread starter Deleted member 18121
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18121

Hi all

I've had my putter ages, putt pretty well with it....its a YES Bella 12 and looks (including colour) pretty much the same as this:

bella.jpg

So it could do with a refurb - firstly (bearing in mind the cost of the actual putter) would you bother paying for it to be refurbed? Or would you just get a new one?

Secondly - any recomendations of someone to refurb it?

Cheers
Adam

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
If it works for you then a refurb is worth a bit of money. An obedient putter is worth having, you don't know if a new one will behave. I guess the thing to look at is how much would you spend on a replacement and look at that compared to the refurb cost.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I'd have thought on this it's just a question of taking back the paint and respraying it yourself with a good tough paint white paint and fill in the rest with a bit of black.
Oh, and by a putter cover. ;)

D

Deleted member 18121

I did wonder about having a go myself... But honestly I'm a clutz with stuff like that.

Robster- believe it or not I do use a cover, I guess it's 7 years of abuse and maybe a less than careful owner.

What kind of paint would you use on a putter?

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
My starting point would be does the chips and paint put you off and affect you as you putt? If not I'd leave alone and simply carry on. I wouldn't refurb a) because I'm rubbish at that sort of thing and b) the new look would then look wrong to my eye

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
For the cost of the new one I’d be replacing like for like, at least the if I Ballsed up a self refurb is have a plan B

On the refurb I’d try something different like a smoke titanium or copper anodising just to make it a little different. 😉

Last edited:

dronfield

Visit site
Surely it is only asthetics - if you like the feel of the putter and it works well, i would just leave it alone, rather than spend good money on it?

Rich

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Surely it is only asthetics - if you like the feel of the putter and it works well, i would just leave it alone, rather than spend good money on it?

Rich
I agree and I'd be more concerned about how many putts I made. I know there a some in our weekend roll ups (and sure it's the same at clubs everywhere) where some people have real beaten up old models but they seem to hole putts from everywhere

Bxm Foxy

Visit site
If you love the putter, and would prefer looking down at it restored, go for it. Personally, putter wise, I like looking down at my slightly battered old friend.