Putter Grip

adamk15

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi hoping for a bit more help from everyone.

Ive changed the grip I use on my putter from my normal grip (with the rest of my clubs) to and interlocking grip and now a grip my friend showed me with the index finger of my left hand over my right fingers (hope that makes sence). I think that grip is quite popular but I still cant get my putter going (I dont think the cored greens are helping mind you) I find I'm often leaving long puts short and short putts long. Also my odyssey two ball has a golf pride grip (the plain thinnish one which is quite aged) do any of you feel regripping my putter would help? Any advice would be great!

Adam

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Adam.....find a few books and try a few styles. After that, practice like mad. If you can't fix a grip on your own, go for a lesson.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've always had a different grip on a putter from the first time I picked one up,left-hand low.

This is not a recommendation though, just that it feels more natural to me.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Gripping the putter is purely a personal thing. As Realgolfer says try lots of styles and if you can't get on with one then make your own up - how do think the claw grip appeared.

yes there are preferred ways to grip that mean your hands work as one but at the end of the day its about getting the ball in the hole. Hell you can even do it one handed if it works, or left handeed. There is no right and wrong with putting grips. If it works use it.