Putt Out ?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
You mentioned before, the more subscribers, the more YouTube will let you do, is this the case? Like what? I’m genuinely interested.
Or is it a case of the more subscribers, the more powerful the draw of the product reviews? The more influence the channel will have?

I need more to open up options like live streams. To be honest it's not something I've worried about because with my lowly number it's academic at the moment. A number of companies are interested in sending stuff, and Vice have already done so on the back of the review I did. If I do get stuff, subject to their approval, I can then forward it as comp prizes once I've done reviewed so it becomes a more interactive channel and the more people thumbs up videos and comment the more chances there will be to win. Earning ANY cash is never going to happen and isn't why I do it. I've enjoyed doing the content and learned some new skills (especially video editing etc) which is always good

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can’t you earn real dosh by gaining so many subscribers 🤔

You can - but only when you get into the millions. A site called Socialblade can give you an idea of how much a channel could be expected to make. As a comparison, here's the numbers for one of the biggest in the world, the most famous golfing youtuber and then Martin:

Pewdiepie: 58m subscribers - estimated monthly earnings of £29.6K - £472.9K - estimated yearly earnings of: £354.7K - £5.7M

Mark Crossfield: 231k subscribers - estimated monthly earnings of £383 - £6.1K - estimated yearly earnings of: £4.6K - £73.5K

Martin: 125 subscribers - estimated monthly earnings of £0.65 - £10 - estimated yearly earnings of: £8 - £124

Those numbers from Socialblade are based on a default range with the lowest CPM (cost per thousand views) set to $0.25 and the upper range set to $4.25. With the way advertising works now on Youtube those numbers above will almost certainly be on the lower end of the spectrum. There have been big changes to the way Youtube channels are monetised and gaining money through adsense has really dried up. A couple of years ago it was very possible to make some very good money on Youtube, even for smaller channels (50k subscribers+) but that has really dried up now. To make serious money on Youtube now you need to be hitting hundreds of thousands, if not millions of views every day and be creating "ad-friendly" content.