Putt alignment

IslaG

Visit site
I've been pretty agile and always lined up my putts by squatting down and looking at the slope of the green etc. it's worked well A recent knee injury has made that low squat impossible and I just can't get that putting line any more. Any suggestions of non-contortionist way I can try instead?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I've been pretty agile and always lined up my putts by squatting down and looking at the slope of the green etc. it's worked well A recent knee injury has made that low squat impossible and I just can't get that putting line any more. Any suggestions of non-contortionist way I can try instead?
Become everyone’s favourite golfing companion and learn the Aimpoint Method.👍

D

Deleted member 29109

Aimpoint sounds like the solution.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Stand further back, bend from the waist, plumb bob, always look from the downhill side up the hill. Your brain will recalibrate to your new method, it just takes time.

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
How about an upside-down periscope?

Dilly75

Visit site
Might be slightly different to your question but when I first started I used a plain blade type putter with a straight shaft and found sighting and aiming awkward. I have since bought two old putters off the bay and cleaned them up and put new grips on. Ping Bergen and an Odysey Rossie 2. They both have double bent shafts so the putter head is kicked off to the side. My putting has changed massively overnight using these styles and I feel much more able to sight and shoot accurately. I sight standing upright.

I don't know what type you are using but could you borrow a couple of putter styles and see if they are easier to sight from a standing position.

Hope you repair soon.

Jason.H

Visit site
Go for AimPoint...? I had an injured knee for over a year. Found it very hard to balance on one leg to bend that low! I learned the AimPoint method and it served me pretty well https://aimpointgolf.com/. I'm back to bending again, thank god!
I’ve been using aim point for a couple of months. It’s really quick and gives me a point to line my ball up to. Before yes I knew there was a left to right break but I was guessing at how much.

Jason.H

Visit site
I’m curious, how are people finding aimpoint coaches in the uk as the site linked only covers the good old USA
I didn’t need an aim point coach. You can just learn it with a digital level (I phone) and a putting green. Get used to feeling those %,s (0 to 4 percent). It took a couple of practice rounds to get used to but it’s become natural and very quick. In practice I took out variables ie looking at the slopes and trusted what my feet tell me 100% and was impressed with the results. 3 % right to left I hold 3 fingers out from the right edge of the hole and look for a spot to line my ball up with then stand to the ball and roll it on that line. It’s saving me shots which is the main thing.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Interesting. The bit I find hard to grasp is the fact you/the player can tell 53% left 47% right… I just can’t get my head around that which is what seems the fundamental of it working.

I’m not saying it does/doesn’t work, this is why I was curious on uk coaches