Pushing the ball - Reasons why?

J5MBF

Head Pro
Visit site
Not after a quick fix, just some ideas to think about before my range session. Played yesterday, first round for 6 weeks and developed a horrible push/fade. More push than fade but definitely not a slice. Ball started on target but once it reached its highest point in flight, it started to move right of target. Same with woods off the tee and irons off the tee? There is probably 101 reasons why, most common faults though guys?

Mike

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Not after a quick fix, just some ideas to think about before my range session. Played yesterday, first round for 6 weeks and developed a horrible push/fade. More push than fade but definitely not a slice. Ball started on target but once it reached its highest point in flight, it started to move right of target. Same with woods off the tee and irons off the tee? There is probably 101 reasons why, most common faults though guys?

Mike

Without a video of your swing, it'll mainly be guess work from the folk in the know. What I will say is this.

If its starting where you're aiming, I.E along your toe line, then going right, that's just a fade.

If the ball were to start right of your aim then fade, that would be a push fade.

I play the push fade off the tee with my driver and fond it a powerful. Useful shot.

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sounds like a fade to me. Is everything square, shoulders hips and feet? Although there could be many reasons.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
so it's starting on line then going right - that's all fade no push.......

don't understand why you would move the ball forward in the stance to resolve a fade, but that seem to be to recomendation so far :confused:

J5MBF

Head Pro
Visit site
As I said, I know it won't be a quick fix and a swing video is needed. I don't play for a fade and think its more than that. It only just appeared yesterday, not had the problem before. Would trying to hit the ball too hard cause this?

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
don't understand why you would move the ball forward in the stance to resolve a fade, but that seem to be to recomendation so far :confused:

LOL, I'm with your there... although it would turn it into a pull-fade instead :whoo:

(then you're only 5 minutes away from poor contact... and Sliceville!)

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site

Sounds like he could be blocking the shot if the ball starts out to the right, nothing much to lose moving the ball in the stance and could be an easy win.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Sounds like he could be blocking the shot if the ball starts out to the right, nothing much to lose moving the ball in the stance and could be an easy win.

The ball is moving to the right, that means the face is open to the path.

If you move the ball forwards then that will give the face time to close a fraction, but will also take the path more to the left..... so you've got the same shot but it just starts more left. It could work on the basis that the ball will start more left and be landing ON the target rather than to the right of it but all things being equal, having the ball more forwards will also change the angle of attack and likely cause the ball to curve even more to the right (less descending = path more left)

What he has is a face/path issue and needs to fix two things... (1)close the face a fraction, (2)work on the path (perhaps by moving the ball backwards to get the path a little more from the inside).

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
sawtooth; said:

I love it how Poster B can get something completely different to what Poster A has actually written!