Punish and reward!

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
After losing about 24 brand new balls in 2 months I decided enough was enough. I was not going to buy anymore and I didnt care what they where. This was my punishment.

So... I told my mrs to pop in AG and grab me a box of no frills. 'hit me again' 50 in a box for a 10er.

I giggled as I pulled out the strata's, the LoCo's (they are not soft, I almost broke a tooth) and a few nike's.

Tee'd off at 06.30 and got off to a cracker. With out worrying about loosing balls I didnt loose any. Well 2 but I couldn't be bothered looking for them.

I shot a gross 83 on a par 70. Hit a 300 yard par 4 off the tee, missed the eagle put by inches and made the birdie. Parred about 9 holes, only had 1 double and had a 3 off the tee. Was on for breaking 80 for first time ever but had to take an emergency phone call on the 15th. Kinda lost my rythem but quickly found it again. Do wonder if I would of broke 80 without the disturbance.

Anyway, morrel of storey is, playing with crap balls i didnt mind loosing helped me to relax and play alot better... this was my reward!

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
Glad its going alright, this is the one reason why I do not buy premium golf balls. I would be too worried about loosing them. If I find some I'll use them and not worry- no problem, but any brand new shiny ball I seem to think 'don't whack it in the wild' and that is where it goes. Keep at it though mate I'm sure 79 is just around the corner.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Interesting story. We all know they are just inanimte white spheres that can't hear or react to our demands and yet we all talk to them or only choose certain brands because they don't know where the trees are situated!

I think it just boiled down to you being more relaxed and your "don't care where it goes attitude" actually freed your swing up so you were able to commit to the shots more.

It was great scoring and just a shame your emergency got in the way (nothing serious I hope). It proves you have it in you to hit 79 and lower so have faith and got out and prove it to us. Well done!!

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks Homer, I think it really was I dont care if i loose it, never thought about slices or anything. Altered my grip slighly too which gave me a nice consistent draw with the Irons.

Emergancy wasn't really serious but work related. (draw backs of being a boss) Managed to shake it off after a topped tee shot, pulled 3 wood and a lost ball.

Swore I was only going to have 1 round this work as I have loads to do, but somehow i dont think 1 will be enough!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Once is never enough (according to HID ;)!!!). You are lucky though as Royal Ascot is down to 12 holes now for the racing but is a pain to try and get in and out off and a nightmare to concentrate with helicopters landing and people being ferried to the racecourse. No rounds for me this week then. Plenty of practice at a local driving range instead

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think I will spend a few hours on the short game tommorow and putting. My local range has a great green for both. Normally if my pro comes out he joins in with me too.