PSI Screens

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
I see from the Supplementary Scores thread that at least one club is using PSI screens for score entry.

The Play Safe / Stay Safe document from England Golf states that PSI screens should not be used, and my club has taken this in the same manner as no bunker rakes, ballwashers, drinking fountains, touching flagsticks etc etc and disabled the PSI screen. My friends at other clubs report the same.

My view is that using a PSI screen would be no different to using the screens at railway stations, car parks or banks, and that an added “protection” at the golf club would be for sanitiser to be located by the terminal and input could be done using using a stylus or rubber tipped pencil etc etc.

What‘s the position at other clubs? Is the EG document guidance or is it mandatory (law) ?

D

Deleted member 15344

Yes our PSI screen has been disabled as well - it will stay like that until the England Golf framework allows it to be used again

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We have sanitiser next to the screens. There are lots of surfaces that I will touch at the club so to me this is just one more

It's all about sanitising /washing your hands before touching your face as far as I am concerned.

I have heard of clubs that are using rakes but have sanitising stations next to each tee or green.

D

Deleted member 15344

We have sanitiser next to the screens. There are lots of surfaces that I will touch at the club so to me this is just one more

It's all about sanitising /washing your hands before touching your face as far as I am concerned.

I have heard of clubs that are using rakes but have sanitising stations next to each tee or green.

Clubs are ignoring the England Golf framework if they have rakes out and the PSI is being used

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes our PSI screen has been disabled as well - it will stay like that until the England Golf framework allows it to be used again
I see from the Supplementary Scores thread that at least one club is using PSI screens for score entry.

The Play Safe / Stay Safe document from England Golf states that PSI screens should not be used, and my club has taken this in the same manner as no bunker rakes, ballwashers, drinking fountains, touching flagsticks etc etc and disabled the PSI screen. My friends at other clubs report the same.

My view is that using a PSI screen would be no different to using the screens at railway stations, car parks or banks, and that an added “protection” at the golf club would be for sanitiser to be located by the terminal and input could be done using using a stylus or rubber tipped pencil etc etc.

What‘s the position at other clubs? Is the EG document guidance or is it mandatory (law) ?

From the March England Golf Play Safe guideline

• Player Score Input (PSI) screens may be used where players can sanitise or wash hands before and after use

D

Deleted member 15344

From the March England Golf Play Safe guideline

• Player Score Input (PSI) screens may be used where players can sanitise or wash hands before and after use

I would look at the return to golf framework dated 26th March

26 March 2021 7
Forms of Play and Scoring
• If competitive stroke play is played, a method of scoring needs to be used that does not require any exchanging of scorecards
• Committees may choose to allow methods of scoring in stroke play that do not strictly comply with Rule 3.3b, or do not comply with the normal methods used under Rule 3.3b. For example
• Players may enter their own hole scores on the scorecard (it is not necessary for a marker to do it)
• It is not necessary to have a marker physically certify the player’s hole scores, but some form of verbal certification should take place
• It is not necessary to physically return a scorecard to the committee provided the committee can accept the scores in another way
• Player Score Input (PSI) screens should not be used
• As provided in the Rules of Golf, scorecards can be electronic, which
could include emailing or texting scores to the committee.
• Further guidance on this has now been provided by CONGU – click here

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Last season we used a psi screen and no cards at all. Sanitiser and wipes next to the screen. We haven't had a comp yet so I don't know if that will change.

If the above was acceptable for an entire season I'm not sure why it would not be now.

On more exciting news, our museum level screen has been removed and a sexy new Club V1 screen has been installed. Hopefully this will speed up logging in and score entry.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I would look at the return to golf framework dated 26th March

26 March 2021 7
Forms of Play and Scoring
• If competitive stroke play is played, a method of scoring needs to be used that does not require any exchanging of scorecards
• Committees may choose to allow methods of scoring in stroke play that do not strictly comply with Rule 3.3b, or do not comply with the normal methods used under Rule 3.3b. For example
• Players may enter their own hole scores on the scorecard (it is not necessary for a marker to do it)
• It is not necessary to have a marker physically certify the player’s hole scores, but some form of verbal certification should take place
• It is not necessary to physically return a scorecard to the committee provided the committee can accept the scores in another way
• Player Score Input (PSI) screens should not be used
• As provided in the Rules of Golf, scorecards can be electronic, which
could include emailing or texting scores to the committee.
• Further guidance on this has now been provided by CONGU – click here

I see it depends on which link on the EG website you click on

Still not long to go before the link I used comes in to force.

(PS I do not have any say as to what goes on at the club in this regard)

In one respect it is actually contradictory to another requirement

• Clubs/facilities have a legal obligation to collect details of all members and visitors entering the clubhouse for track and trace. These details must be stored, in compliance with GDPR, for 21 days

We use the PSI screen for this purpose.

D

Deleted member 15344

I see it depends on which link on the EG website you click on

Still not long to go before the link I used comes in to force.

(PS I do not have any say as to what goes on at the club in this regard)

In one respect it is actually contradictory to another requirement

• Clubs/facilities have a legal obligation to collect details of all members and visitors entering the clubhouse for track and trace. These details must be stored, in compliance with GDPR, for 21 days

We use the PSI screen for this purpose.

Then you should let your club know they are working under the wrong frame work - the one all clubs work to should be the one most recently released - another one will come out next week for the 12th April

And why don’t your club use the Q code or the tee sheet - don’t need to use the PSI for Track and Trace

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Then you should let your club know they are working under the wrong frame work - the one all clubs work to should be the one most recently released - another one will come out next week for the 12th April

And why don’t your club use the Q code or the tee sheet - don’t need to use the PSI for Track and Trace

We use QR code system when the club house is open.

Tee sheet - We book via IG and then confirm we are actually at the club and and playing via the PSI screen.

I would add we use the PSI screens to book in to optional medals, check handicaps etc. There clearly needs to be some sort of computer access at the club, not all players have their own or use smart phones.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

We use QR code system when the club house is open.

Tee sheet - We book via IG and then confirm we are actually at the club and and playing via the PSI screen.

I would add we use the PSI screens to book in to optional medals, check handicaps etc. There clearly needs to be some sort of computer access at the club, not all players have their own or use smart phones.

PSI are out of action and should be turned off - you don’t need to “check in”

All clubs use the PSI in the same way but not during the pandemic

There is always a method for someway to find out their handicap and book a tee time.