Pronouns

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I sent an email to an organisation yesterday offering an item FOC. This morning a received a reply declining said item and the reasons why, but also a link to where it may be used. I was quite chuffed. Anyway the letter was signed off by a delightful young lady who happens to have the same first name as our good lady Queen. She had signed it with her shortened name and in brackets was ( she, her, hers) and a link to - why this Is important

Having had a look on that site and another it goes onto explain how assuming someone’s gender can be harmful. Also not assuming someone’s gender can equally be as harmful. Yet using the correct “Pronoun” is a way to respect them just as in using a person name can be used to respect them. Now don’t get me wrong, I am old school and would like to think I respect everyone and everything. In my sleepy little hamlet it’s not a massive issue but is it in the metropolis of London, the bigger Cities and further afield. More importantly what has caused the change for this to be highlighted. Spoke to the bro in law who wife is a civil servant and she, her, hers has commented that it is becoming more and more common.

Thoughts please for the education of Tash. ?