project x/rifle/kbs

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
Need help...
looking at a second set of irons, and thinking of getting another set with px6.0rilfe shafts like i have had in the past.
Now, are these the same as px 6.0? or px 5.5? and kbs, what is the diff between stiff kbs and 6.0?
thanks much

Essex_Stu

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I believe that the Rifle 6.0's launch a little higher and are not quite as firm as a px 6.0. Ive been told to think of them more like a 5.5px but Ethan will probaly be along in a minute with a true answer. Cant help with the KBS im afraid.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Different profiles, so play quite differently.

I use Rifle 6.0. Found PX 5.5 (original satin) too 'harsh'. KBS Tour (Stiff) are softer than Rifle 6 to me - they were designed to be like PX but without the harshness. KBS actually make a number of different shafts. I've presumed it's the Tours you are talking about. There are C-Tapers that I haven't experienced, but believe they are more towards the PX profile.

The feeling I get/got was that flex point of Rifles is lower than KBS. PX was pretty 'consistent' all the way down!

Both Rifle and KBS (Tours) are 'swinger's' shafts. PX and C-Tapers (I believe) are 'Hitter's' ones.

Last edited:

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Different profiles, so play quite differently.

I use Rifle 6.0. Found PX 5.5 (original satin) too 'harsh'. KBS Tour (Stiff) are softer than Rifle 6 to me - they were designed to be like PX but without the harshness. KBS actually make a number of different shafts. I've presumed it's the Tours you are talking about. There are C-Tapers that I haven't experienced, but believe they are more towards the PX profile.

The feeling I get/got was that flex point of Rifles is lower than KBS. PX was pretty 'consistent' all the way down!

Both Rifle and KBS (Tours) are 'swinger's' shafts. PX and C-Tapers (I believe) are 'Hitter's' ones.

In pure flex (frequency) terms, Rifle 6.0 is similar to PX 5.5, PX flighted 6.0 or KBS Tour stiff.

The hitter/swinger thing is, I think, broadly true, but it varies by player. PX were certainly designed to be rather boardy, but I think that is more likely to translate to harsh is the flex is rather close to your limit. Never tried the C-tapers, but the word on the street is very good. They play a bit firmer than KBS Tours.