Problems with SF Tec driver...

stu3y

Medal Winner
Visit site
i had a Ping G30 driver, was hitting it pretty well, 50% of the time hitting a slight fade, the other 50% of the time it was pretty straight, i upgraded my hybrid, 3 wood and driver to the latest G series models, the driver this time is an SF tec, however, i seem to be hitting this with quite a strong fade 90% of the time... i was expecting it to be straight or drawing, completely baffled as to why it would be hitting a stronger fade, than a NONE SF tech model? i thought SF Tec was the opposite? i know a SF tec wont fix swing problems, i thought that if most of my shots were either a slight fade or straight, it would now be straight or a draw? baffled

And29

Head Pro
Visit site
i had a Ping G30 driver, was hitting it pretty well, 50% of the time hitting a slight fade, the other 50% of the time it was pretty straight, i upgraded my hybrid, 3 wood and driver to the latest G series models, the driver this time is an SF tec, however, i seem to be hitting this with quite a strong fade 90% of the time... i was expecting it to be straight or drawing, completely baffled as to why it would be hitting a stronger fade, than a NONE SF tech model? i thought SF Tec was the opposite? i know a SF tec wont fix swing problems, i thought that if most of my shots were either a slight fade or straight, it would now be straight or a draw? baffled

I had the same problem with this

in my opinion do the same that i did, chop it in

M2 .

stu3y

Medal Winner
Visit site
i had a hit of the M2 in american golf, i was slicing it pretty bad, but saying that, i was slicing the G series (none sf tec) pretty bad in there on their simulator as well... hmm maybe that was an off day. i wanted the M2 fron the start, but put my self off and went for the G Series!

BristolMike

Head Pro
Visit site
I've just got rid of my g sf tec for that reason too. Seemed like the weight affected my swing forcing me to hit right. It's just been switched out the bag

stu3y

Medal Winner
Visit site
at least its not just me then, i thought i was going mad!! strange isnt it, i wonder why that happens...

BristolMike

Head Pro
Visit site
No idea. I'm always of the opinion if something stops working then get rid. I genuinely thought it was just me who struggled with draw bias drivers. New M1 comes Friday and I even managed to pick up 5-8mph club head speed too. Are you going to switch yours out?

And29

Head Pro
Visit site
at least its not just me then, i thought i was going mad!! strange isnt it, i wonder why that happens...

I felt it spun more tbh

for me off the tee spin is not my friend

i had no luck with g20 or g25 horrendous noise too

the combination of M2 head and Aldila rouge staft works wonders for me

kerber0s1983

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I felt it spun more tbh

for me off the tee spin is not my friend

i had no luck with g20 or g25 horrendous noise too

the combination of M2 head and Aldila rouge staft works wonders for me

Yep exactly the same for me, mine spun up way too much as well, with a really high stalling flight - like 4,000 spin, with a smash factor at 1.41 and AoA of -1, so fairly good strikes.

That was with a regular shaft, i had sourced some Stiff and Tour Stiff shafts off eBay to bring the flight down, but it didn't a lot.

Had a hit of the new M2 and GBB Epic the other day and the spin was down at 2,900 on the same strikes, with a regular shaft (96mph swing speed). Gained 20 yards carry on them both and neither wanted to go hard left like the SF tec did, so the M2 has been ordered!

The guy in AG that i had the fitting with, said they have seen a lot of the Ping G drivers (all models) seem to spin up a lot, and a few that have been caught aginst something or dropped have then lost a lot of distance a flight is all over the place afterwards.

BristolMike

Head Pro
Visit site
This - you can blah on about spin etc as much as you want you are the master of all that goes on in your golf swing.

Weighting does impact on ball flight. If there was no impact why would there be any need to have adjustable drivers etc. Some weighting suits certain swings better. Yes the swing is key, but certain clubs can cause certain ball flights and a certain miss.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Tried the SF and hated it. Too much help and it went left and then left again and the spin and launch numbers and distance were worse than my G25. The G was far better suited with only a minor tweak to loft

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
This - you can blah on about spin etc as much as you want you are the master of all that goes on in your golf swing.

Um, tosh. It just is. Some drivers i can hit, some i cant. It is a weight distribution thing. I have three Nike driver heads, and 4 shafts. The heads all weigh 129 grams. I can put either of two shafts in one head, and hit it fine. I can put any of 4 shafts in the other 2 heads, and cant hit a cows bottom with a banjo. They just feel, swing, differently, and are horrid. I cannot hit an M2 either.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Um, tosh. It just is. Some drivers i can hit, some i cant. It is a weight distribution thing. I have three Nike driver heads, and 4 shafts. The heads all weigh 129 grams. I can put either of two shafts in one head, and hit it fine. I can put any of 4 shafts in the other 2 heads, and cant hit a cows bottom with a banjo. They just feel, swing, differently, and are horrid. I cannot hit an M2 either.

I'd argue that you're the one that 'tosh' but then again you'll probably say otherwise. However, a bad workman always blames his tools. I'm sure back in the day clubs were clubs and good players could hit it and bad players couldn't. Go figure.